Spectra-Physics, Ophir and Newport are brands within the MKS Instruments Light & Motion division. We provide a full range of solutions including lasers for precision industrial and scientific research applications, laser and LED measurement, beam profiling, precision motion control, optical tables and vibration isolation systems, photonics instruments, opto-mechanical components and optical elements. MKS Light & Motion solutions enhance our customers’ capabilities and productivity in the semiconductor, industrial technologies, life and health sciences, research and defense markets.
As MKS is a federal contractor, it must comply with the Biden Administration’s federal contractor vaccine mandate (the “Contractor Mandate”) if it is reinstated by the courts. Should you receive and accept an offer of employment, you will be asked whether you are fully vaccinated or whether you will apply for an exemption (due to a (a) qualifying medical condition, certified by your healthcare provider or (b) sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance that prevents you from receiving the vaccine) in the event MKS must enforce a mandatory vaccination policy in the future. Please be aware that if the Contractor Mandate is reinstated and you choose to remain unvaccinated without an approved exemption, MKS will not be able to continue to employ you. Unless and until the Contractor Mandate is reinstated, all employees who have not shown proof of vaccination must comply with additional safety protocols, including COVID-19 testing requirements, subject to applicable law.
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Are you naturally curious? So are we at MKS. Our collective curiosity drives us to be an innovation leader in many industries. Our products drive technology advancements across a wide range of applications such as 5G, augmented/virtual reality, autonomous vehicles, clean drinking water and space exploration. We are a team of collaborators who value fresh thinking and believe in mutual respect, constructive candor, diversity and inclusion. As a valued and trusted partner to our customers, we are continually pushing the boundaries of possibility. We believe in creating technology that transforms our world and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team. If this is appealing to you, we want to meet you.
New Focus, an MKS/Newport company, is looking for an Electronic Test Technician that is knowledgeable in handling and testing ESD sensitive devices coupled to optical fibers. Should be knowledgeable of optical fiber transmission, insertion loss, and return loss. Basic knowledge of electronical PCBA and component (resistor, capacitor etc.). What you will do:
- Test high speed electro-optic converters in manufacturing
- Couple and optimize alignment of optical fibers to photo-detectors
- Troubleshoot problems, evaluate and determine corrections and implement corrections on laser systems.
What you will bring to the role and to our team are the following qualifications and skills:
- Minimum 3-4 years of electronic instrument or laser manufacturing experience with associate degree in related field
- Experience handling ESD sensitive components
- Experience handling, inspecting, and cleaning of optical fibers
- Experience with high-speed RF circuits desirable.
- Experience assembling small electronic devices.
- Understanding and working with Network Analyze, Power meter, Spectrum Analyzer, Oscilloscope, DVM, laser sources, power supplies.
- Optical and diode fiber handling experience required
- Soldering experience desired
- Excellent workmanship and attention to detail
- Good manual dexterity
- Knowledge of SAP or other MRP system
- The ability to read, write and comprehend English.
- The ability to assist others and work in a team-oriented environment
- Intermediate MS Office Skills
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5377216