Microlution is a Chicago, IL based manufacturer of small, high-precision manufacturing equipment. Microlution is a subsidiary of GF Machining Solutions that designs, builds, sells, and supports products for customers in the US and abroad. Microlution’s customers include Fortune 500 companies in biomedical, electronics, automotive, defense, and other industries. Microlution specializes in high precision laser machining for hole-drilling and micro-cutting applications with product lines that include 3 and 5-axis ultrafast laser machining centers, and multi-station laser machining centers. The company was founded in 2005 and offers a high-energy, small company atmosphere where every employee can see the direct benefits of their contributions to the success and growth of the company.
Microlution is seeking an enthusiastic, hands-on Testing Engineer for Microlution’s Testing team. As Testing Engineer, you will calibrate the different components of the machine and guarantee that the performance of the machine is according to the technical specifications. You must be able to tackle a wide range of projects from a management and execution standpoint. You must be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with an expanding product base.
- Ensure the quality and performance of the machines and other products produced within Microlution.
- Help ensure Microlution customer satisfaction via working to deliver high quality, high performance machines and support.
- Support advanced-level service activities in order to ensure our machines are performing at the best level for our customers.
- Improve and develop internal testing and service processes and procedures.
- Develop deep technical expertise in Microlution products.
- Perform root cause analysis / Q-card in case of problem (esp. repetitive problem)
- Perform hands-on work with our advanced high precision ultra-short-pulse laser machining centers while executing machine testing and advanced support.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Mechanical / Electrical engineering.
- Software skills: Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), programing (G code, PLC logic, C++).
- Experience in service/troubleshooting of equipment with CNC.
- Experience with measuring devices (Laser, indicators, calipers, etc.).
- Strong problem solving skills
- Familiarity with a variety of problem solving methodologies
- Ability to maintain quality & safety standards
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5377161