Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Type: Full Time
Required Education: Doctorate
Years of Experience:
Telecommuting is allowed.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Being on the BlueHalo Team means working alongside the brightest minds in technology on the toughest challenges facing our nation – not just every once in a while, but every single day. Together, we are leading the transformation of modern warfare and each BlueHalo employee plays a key role. That’s why our investment in you goes beyond a rewarding salary and benefits package. We’re committed to providing our people with the best opportunities to develop their skills, share their knowledge, and push their innovative ideas to the cutting edge. Having fun doing it with a team that feels like family all across BlueHalo nation is the ultimate park. From Space and Directed Energy to Cyber and Intelligence to C4ISR and Air & Missile Defense, there is no limit to where you can take your career with us. Are you ready to launch a career at BlueHalo?
The researcher will be a team contributor to the Air Force Research Laboratories’ Quantum Sensing and Timing (QST) group. QST seeks to develop next-generation and generation-after-next precision inertial navigation and timing systems with GPS-like accuracy that can operate in challenging environments. A successful candidate will provide support for the group in multiple technical areas including optical clocks and time transfer, ultracold atomic systems, levitated optomechanics, high-power atom chips and/or integrated photonics.
The researcher’s responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the development of a robust, low instability frequency standards
- Have a firm understanding of sources of electronic and optical noise at different time scales
- Able to characterize frequency standard performance
- Provide assistance in other group efforts including
- Atomic cooling and trapping
- Levitated nanoparticles
- Integrated photonics
- Generation of presentations and reports detailing key research findings
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills to effectively record large volumes of data
- Ability to execute work independently and to coordinate work with colleagues
- Strong lab skills; knowledge of fiber optic components, systems, and procedures
- Safety trainings will be provided, but the selected individual should understand that their safety in a laboratory working environment is primarily their own responsibility
- Can quickly grasp new concepts and processes
- Written and spoken communication
- Strong scientific integrity
This job operates in a laboratory on Kirtland Air Force Base.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Yes, estimate less than 10% of the time
Required Education and Experience
- degree in physics or a related field from an accredited university
- Good organizational skills and ability to work independently, seeking support from team members when required
- US Citizen able to obtain and maintain a Secret DoD clearance
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with optical frequency combs, laser control systems, and digital electronics
- Proficiency with PYTHON or similar
- Current Secret DoD Clearance or higher
Kirtland Air Force Base, Albuquerque, NM
The BlueHalo Effect
It speaks to who we are as a company, a global protective ring that shields everything we most want to safeguard, an unbroken line that ensures our customers retain the advantage in any battlespace, from high above the Earth to deep in cyberspace. It’s who we are, a halo, a protector, the light of inspired engineering keeping our Nation safe.
Our vision is a world where national security is certain because technical superiority is assured.
Join us and become a vital element of The BlueHalo Effect!
BlueHalo is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable workplace accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected]. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals who are requesting a reasonable workplace accommodation. It is not intended for other purposes or inquiries.