Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over Approximately 2,300 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
Thorlabs is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Technical Sales team in support of our growing OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography) and related product line. The Imaging Solutions Engineer is a technical member in our Solutions team who works directly with Thorlabs customers to help align OCT and imaging solutions to the customers application needs. The Imaging Solutions Engineer is responsible for all aspect of the sales process, including application support, solution development, quoting, and account management within the Americas region. The Imaging Solutions Engineer will also work closely with our OCT Business Unit in Lubeck, Germany, to identify and implement sales strategy to grow our OCT market reach.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
- Ability to work on ITAR related product(s)
- 2+ years of customer facing role.
- Experience in OCT is highly preferred.
- Experience in technical sales is preferred.
- Higher education can be considered in lieu of experience.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in optics, physics or engineering related field. MSc or PhD preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized
- Good understanding of OCT operating principles, systems, and market.
- Intermediate MS Office proficiency: especially Outlook and Excel, Expert proficiency in Excel, ERP/MRP systems or CRM is highly desirable
- Able to work under time constraints
- Willing to constantly learn new technologies, new applications, and newly developed products
- Ability to fluently write and speak English
- Able to travel domestic and international, up to 25%.
- U.S. persons, ability to work on ITAR related product(s)
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5377111