Control Vision, Inc. specializes in creating optical sensors for challenging environments and applications, including 3D optical profilometry and metrology, optical imaging of high luminosity / high temperature processes, remote sensing, and the related mechanical design and controls for industrial, aerospace, and defense customers.
We are looking for an Optical Engineer/Scientist who can build an optical team while undertaking, managing, and completing optical projects ranging from small projects to millions dollar projects. This is an opportunity for you to bring your ideas to life, from concept development to final flight test and customer delivery, to work on a small, intimate team developing state-of-the-art technology, and be a part of solving the real-world problems facing industry and our nation’s defense department.
- Lead and manage a team of optical engineers/scientists and other engineering disciplines
- Lead the design, analysis, development, and test of optical imaging systems by applying principles in optics, physics, mechanics, thermodynamics, materials science, and image processing techniques
- Develop optical and system requirements for the electrical, software, and mechanical teams.
- Plan, assemble, integrate, and perform tests to evaluate system performance in laboratory and industrial environments
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by continually educating oneself in technical areas necessary for completing current and anticipated projects
- Work both independently and as a team to complete projects
- Educate and train other team members in optical sciences and fundamental physics to help grow the technical capability of the company as a whole
- Limited travel is required
- BS, MS, or PhD in Optical Sciences or Engineering or a similar field
- Ability to lead an engineering team with little supervision
- Alignment and test of optical systems
- Strong understanding of fundamental optical physics (imaging optics, non-imaging optics, Fourier optics, polarization, diffractive optics, etc.) in all optical wavebands
- Optimizing optical design for size and weight while maintaining performance
- Strong presentation skills and ability to articulate a fundamental understanding of an optical system to non-optical engineers and customers
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with small, diverse staff and the persistence to overcome skills, information, and communications gaps
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment where major projects change a few times per year and critical interrupting tasks like proposals must be executed quickly.
- Proficient in MatLab, Zemax, Code V, FRED, or similar optical design software packages
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Must be a US Citizen
- 10+ years of experience in optical engineering
- Optical metrology, remote sensing, hyperspectral imaging, polarimetric imaging, radiometry
- Strong proposal and report writing skills; prior SBIR/STTR experience is a plus
- Identify and pursue funding opportunities, and provide optics contribution to proposal writing team
- Hands-on experience with machine vision systems, opto-mechanical/mechanical assemblies and alignment processes
- Stray light analysis modeling, simulation, and mitigation
- Understand and communicate design trade space options including system performance, cost, and the advantages and limitations of a design
- Deployment of optical sensors in space
- Experience within aerospace and defense
Control Vision, Inc. provides comprehensive benefits including competitive salary, discretionary performance-based bonus, fully paid medical (with company provided HSA contributions), dental, vision, generous PTO, life insurance, and 401k plan with company match. Control Vision, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5377108