Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Looking for something new? Be our next Fiber Laser Technologist in Albquerque, NM here at Leidos.
You will get to work closely with research personnel to implement experimental setups, hardware and prototype designs. Be involved with testing and maintaining novel fiber laser systems, including high power CW fiber amplifiers and novel pulsed fiber laser sources, working with electrical, optical, and cooling systems. Duties include fiber splicing, electrical integration, cooling system assembly, amplifier operation. Your inpact will work to achieve day to day objectives of research personnel, to complete tasks. The complexity of this exciting job addresses routine technical issues/problems using internal best practice. You will need to communicate with colleagues within own project/ work area to obtain or provide information requiring some explanation or interpretation.
Fun challenges you will find on the job:
– Splicing fiber laser components, including PM and non-PM 125, 240, 400 µm, and larger fibers.
– Assisting technical staff with laser and amplifier performance characterization including measuring M2, spectral linewidth, amplifier spectrum output, SBS characteristics, MI characteristics, Optical to Optical efficiency, SRS, PER, amplifier transient behavior, and amplifier thermal loading.
– Laser system assembly including interlock setup, cooling assembly and test, electrical configuration and assembly to directed specification.
– Provide regular reports for completed work.
– Perform routine laboratory maintenance and cleanup.
This is you:
– AAS with 1 year of relevant optical laboratory experience, or 3 years of relevant optical laboratory experience in lieu of a degree.
– Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
– Willingness to learn and develop new skills
– Ability to splice optical fibers
– Ability to take direction from technical staff
– Ability to obtain and keep a government security clearance
– Ability and willingness to adhere to government safety requirements
– Ability to effectively communicate with engineers and other employees
– Ability to organize and effectively work on multiple projects at the same time
– Ability to lift and carry 40 lbs
You will wow us if you have these skills:
– AAS with 3+ years of relevant optical laboratory experience in fiber laser systems, or 5+ years of relevant optical laboratory experience in fiber laser systems, in lieu of a degree.
– Understanding of fiber amplifier assembly from low power preamplifier levels (10’s of watts) to high power amplifier (kW level)
– Experience with single mode output high power fiber laser amplifier
– 2+ years experience programming and operating with LabView software.
– Familiarity with high power fiber laser amplifier assembly methods
– Single mode and LMA fiber splicing experience.
– 2 + years’ experience with 10xxnm and 20xx nm fiber lasers and amplifiers
– Splicing high power fiber laser systems (kW class).
Non-Leidos employees can make $5K by referring someone to this position: https://www.leidos.com/careers/erp
See all local openings: https://careers.leidos.com/search/jobs?q=albuquerque
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5377081