Location: Wakefield, Massachusetts
Type: Full Time
Preferred Education: Some College
Years of Experience:
Based on experience
About Optikos Corporation:
For 40 years, Optikos® has provided innovative applications of optical technology, both products and services, to commercial, government, and consumer products organizations worldwide. The Optikos engineering team is the largest independent optical engineering group in the world, managing all aspects of instrument design–including optics, mechanics, electronics and software systems–in addition to our in-house IQ Lab™ Testing Services to benchmark and assess the performance of customer lens or camera systems. We develop innovative products in the life sciences, aerospace and defense, industrial, automotive and consumer markets, and our experience with a wide variety of applications has enabled our staff to generate creative solutions to some of the most challenging optical problems. Our team continues to improve existing metrology product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe. Our headquarters is centrally located right outside the Boston medical and tech hub in Wakefield, Massachusetts.
Optikos is on a fast growth trajectory and is expanding its US-based key account sales team, looking for an exceptional person to join our expanding sales team. If you have a love for where technology is going, can understand technically complex applications, test and measurement needs, and have an insatiable drive to uncover new opportunities to challenge this photonic development powerhouse, we would love to hear from you.
What you will bring to the team
- Effective Listening, a definite plus when negotiating, influencing, and selling to all levels of an organization.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, both written and in presentations
- Ability to identify all key stakeholders and decisionmakers critical to successfully converting Opportunities into Orders.
- Driving sales of high-performance optically based product design and development services, preferably leading to volume assembly capability, as well as measurement of lenses, cameras, and sensors in support of our customers to help them achieve a true market advantage.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management, exceptional communication skills, and extensive experience working in a multidisciplinary environment.
Critical Success Factors
- Manage, maintain, and track in the company’s CRM (and in a timely manner): account correspondence, capture new product requirements, leads, ongoing project activities, opportunities, order pipeline, pulse of the customer, sales funnel, territory sales forecast.
- Organize customer development road trips, attend tradeshows, conferences and make other visits (25–30% travel required)
- We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment.
- US Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residency (“Green Card” holder) is required.
Optikos is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Bachelor’s degree in Photonics-related field (Engineering, Applied Science, Physics) required
- Minimum five (5) years of demonstrated sales growth success in a customer facing role.