Responsible for providing technical support by solving problems, trouble shooting and working with customers to guide them to the best possible product solutions for their applications and experiments. To be able to provide this level of support you will get to work with several other application and design engineers that have years of experience covering: optics, lasers, polarization, fiber, opto-mechanics, spectroscopy, OCT, thin film coating and more. Between onsite lab opportunities and peer review you will be exposed to every facet of the photonics industry. Tech Support (Application Engineering) is a great training ground for putting your Optics or Physics knowledge to work. This position is a remote opportunity, and reports into our corporate headquarters in Newton, New Jersey. You will start your employment with 4 weeks of onsite ( in Newton N.J. ) mandatory lab training. There may also be opportunities to travel to tradeshows, other Thorlabs manufacturing facilities (foreign and domestic), and training events on and offsite.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical support via phone, web chat & e-mail to customers worldwide.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge and problem solving abilities in providing technical support to customers who purchase from our extensive product portfolio.
- Interface with multiple support teams around the world.
- Reproduce set ups and create technical solutions in the lab.
- Develop and provide customized solutions, assist in the design of custom products.
- Become skilled in the use of test equipment to help influence the design of next generation photonics products.
- Support Marketing and Sales activities by attending Tradeshows and Customer visits.
- Participate in managing the development of Thorlabs by being part of an interactive development forum.
- Develop Marketing Materials like test data, white papers, or video for use on our website or through another distribution channel
- Train new team members by passing on your unique skills to the growing group of Thorlabs Application Engineers.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5377066