• Several years of relevant research and or professional experience (combined) beyond the customary highest degree (PhD) appropriate in nuclear physics or related field.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently within a research environment.
• Extensive knowledge of nuclear science, especially in the area of low-energy nuclear physics (structure and reactions).
• Skilled at analysis of data from nuclear physics experiments.
• Demonstrated productivity in terms of peer-reviewed publications and scientific presentations.
• Ability to interact professionally with staff within the Division, Laboratory and at other laboratories; including Scientists and Engineers.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
Requested Application Materials:
• Curriculum Vitae.
• Statement of research experience and interests.
• Names and contact information for at least five individuals who can write letters of reference, with at least one from outside the USA.
For questions about the position, please contact Dr. Phair at email [email protected]
The posting shall remain open until the position is filled, however, for full consideration, please submit all application materials by February 28, 2022.
• This is a full time, M-F, exempt from overtime pay (monthly paid), Career-track/Career appointment.
• Salary is commensurate with experience.
• This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
• Work will be primarily performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://184.108.40.206/counter.php?id=217726 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Learn About Us:
Berkeley Lab (LBNL) addresses the world’s most urgent scientific challenges by advancing sustainable energy, protecting human health, creating new materials, and revealing the origin and fate of the universe. Founded in 1931, Berkeley Lab’s scientific expertise has been recognized with 13 Nobel prizes. The University of California manages Berkeley Lab for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science.
Working at Berkeley Lab has many rewards including a competitive compensation program, excellent health and welfare programs, a retirement program that is second to none, and outstanding development opportunities.
Based on University of California Policy – SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program and U.S Federal Government requirements, Berkeley Lab requires that all members of our community obtain the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as they are eligible. As a condition of employment at Berkeley Lab, all Covered Individuals must Participate in the COVID-19 Vaccination Program by providing proof of Full Vaccination or submitting a request for Exception or Deferral. Visit covid.lbl.gov for more information.
Berkeley Lab is committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA, https://diversity.lbl.gov/ideaberkeleylab/) and strives to continue building community with these shared values and commitments. Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We heartily welcome applications from women, minorities, veterans, and all who would contribute to the Lab’s mission of leading scientific discovery, inclusion, and professionalism. In support of our diverse global community, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity and IDEA Information Links:
Know your rights, click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) for the supplement: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html) under 41 CFR 60-1.4.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5377071