Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over Approximately 2,300 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
The RMA Engineer is responsible for handling customer problems both internally and externally. Problems can be anything from: defective parts, exchanges, late or lost deliveries, invoicing errors, repairs, missing items, parts damaged during transit, address changes, credits, problems with customs etc. Works under general supervision. Although the location of the position is in Newton, NJ, from time to time it may be required to undertake duties at other Thorlabs locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Manages a wide variety of customer related queries – cancellation or processing of returns/ replacement deliveries, carrier loss claims, etc.
- If necessary, interacts with Carriers, third-party warehousing on daily basis
- Problem escalation and resolution
- Undertakes customer outreach calls for the RMA team
- Processing of daily/weekly/monthly reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Liaison with key departments, to reduce ageing RMAs and improve Order Cycle time.
- Enhancing existing relations with customers and stakeholders.
- Supporting additional administrative duties for customer orders as required.
- A proactive role in ensuring customer satisfaction levels are consistently maintained.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area at all times.
- Work with design and manufacturing engineers to improve designs and reduce defects.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
- Minimum 5 years in a similar position.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent work experience
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient with a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Axapta.
- Strong proficiency in sales and customer service
- Strong ability to work under time constraints, to multitask, and solve problems
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to work well in a group atmosphere, and comply with high quality standards.
- Strong ability to shift from one task to another to address changing priorities.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5377060