Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Type: Full Time
Preferred Education: Masters
Optical Metrology (OR)
Years of Experience:
We offer competitive compensation packages of health insurance, vacation and PTO, 401K retirement matching plan, Profit Sharing, along with a challenging and stimulating environment.
Opto Alignment Technology is seeking a talented, enthusiastic, and creative
Applications/Service/Sales Engineer to join our small but rapidly growing business. While
we are recognized as a quality developer and supplier of state-of-the-art laser-based
systems for precision optics alignment, assembly, and inspection our new metrology
products offer exciting opportunities. The successful candidate will work with sales and
our internal R&D teams to ensure our customers get the very best products and solutions
for their application. The Applications/Service/Sales Engineer is expected to be involved
in all stages of the sales process; from working with the customer on their application, to
working with the R&D team on tailoring the best solution, to assisting Production with the
build and pre-ship testing, to on-site installation and commissioning.
• Work with customers on understanding their applications, conduct sample
evaluations, and propose technical solutions.
• Manage new tool installation and commissioning at customer sites.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date product related documentation and training
• Work with internal R&D team on solutions for new customer applications and
help carry through to Production.
• Resolve customer service issues in a prompt and courteous manner.
• Above all, maintain a professional business relationship with customers.
MSc or PhD in Physics, Optics, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
in a related discipline.
• Minimum 3 years industry experience in related Service or Applications roles.
• Must have hands-on experience with tools for optical testing, alignment,
metrology, and imaging.
• Ability to read optical, mechanical, and electrical drawings and documentation.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• US citizenship is required for compliance with ITAR regulations.
• 30% – 50% travel is required (both national & international).
• Working knowledge with Zemax and MATLAB preferred.
• Background in optics and optical manufacturing preferred.