Preciseley Microtechnology Corporation (“PMC”) is a global leader in optic MEMS solutions for optical communications systems, automotive and 3D sensing applications. We offer innovative MEMS solutions that help design engineers solve complex problems for 5G telecommunications infrastructure, data center networks, automotive LiDAR and laser lighting systems, industrial LiDAR and machine vision systems, AR/VR, and biometrics. We’ve successfully shipped millions of optic MEMS devices that meet stringent industry performance and quality requirements.
Employment Opportunity: Senior Firmware Engineer
Founded in 2006, Preciseley Microtechnology Corporation is a leading provider of optical MEMS solutions globally through designing and supplying a range of products, including mirror devices used for laser beam steering, switching, and manipulation, with diverse applications across optical systems, telecommunications, sensors, and other fields.
We are searching for a Senior Firmware Engineer to work in our R&D Department. Reporting to the VP Engineering, the successful individual will be in charge of designing embedded software for interfacing and controlling MEMS devices for 3D scanning and LiDAR application while working closely with customers and the engineering team during the product development.
- Develop and debug embedded software and firmware for interfacing and driving MEMS device
- Responsible for designing embedded software for interfacing and controlling MEMS devices for 3D scanning and LiDAR applications
- Develop user interface for new products
- Write comprehensive engineering technical documentation and customer user guides
- Preparing sub-systems block diagrams and functional schematics
- Prototype hardware on breadboard and diagnose issues with Oscilloscope, logic analyzers, multimeters, and spectrum analyzers
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in computer science or Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated capability in firmware design, integration, validation, prototyping and volume production ramp capability
- Proficient in embedded C and C++ (5+ years)
- Extensive knowledge in at least 2 of the described programming languages – C, C++, C#, and Python is required to qualify for this position
- Experience with Host interface protocols such as SPI, I2C, I3C, and USB
- Experience with embedded system debug tools such as JTAG
- Basic knowledge in circuit and hardware development
- Deep knowledge and experience in circuit design
- Strong knowledge and experience in new product development
- Strong ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience diagnosing, isolating, and debugging software and/or data related problems
- Strong analytical skills for solving problems
- A strong desire to create innovative ideas for the improvement of the products is required.
- Detail-oriented in approach, with the ability to communicate effectively with customers
- Knowledge in control theory in electrical and mechanical engineering is a plus
- Competitive compensation and benefits package with annual bonuses and company RRSP matching
- Job Location: Vancouver/Burnaby, BC; relocation assistance within Canada offered
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5377027