Location: Brookline, Massachusetts
Type: Full Time
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Microscopy and Optical Coherence Tomography (BM)
Optical Material Studies (OM)
Photonic Detection (PD)
Systems and Instrumentation (FS)
Tissue Imaging and Spectroscopy (BS)
Years of Experience:
Telecommuting is allowed.
We are looking for a skilled, detail oriented, and personable individual to join our team as an Application Specialist primarily supporting our biophysical photon counting business for the life sciences and biology markets. In addition, you will support our microscope thermal control business, and our emerging THz business for a wide range of applications.
Of note, you will be working with new and existing customers who use time correlated single photon counting (TCSPC) technology in their confocal microscopy facilities; and be supported by our partner, Becker & Hickl GmbH, a leader in photon counting and TCSPC solutions, such as FLIM. The successful candidate will share our enthusiasm for supporting science and maintaining a positive and growing business.
We are looking for a candidate who will best meet these capabilities:
- Has relevant hands-on experience in optical instrumentation and/or microscopy with an emphasis on confocal laser scanning microscopy.
- Understands electro-optical integration and the use of imaging and sensors systems such as microscopes, lasers, detectors, signal and image processing electronics, and instrumentation software.
- Be legally able to work in the United States.
- Be fully vaccinated for COVID. Documented proof of vaccination is required.
- Have excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills in English.
- Be able to travel as required, primarily within the US and Canada. 8-10 trips per year is estimated for customer visits and industry events. Training will include time in Europe with our TCSPC partner, Becker & Hickl as well as other partners (all trips subject to COVID travel policies, etc.).
- After training be able to, 1) recommend hardware/software configurations that meet customers’ needs, write the supporting proposal, and follow up with the customer; and 2) visit customers to understanding their needs and promote BEC solutions, and to do installation, training, and service.
- You must be able to install, integrate and test lasers, detectors, electronics, and software in a variety of laboratory environments following training. You will occasionally need to lift packages 30-40 lbs.
- Excellent attention to detail involving documentation and instrumentation.
- Be an advocate for new products and capabilities that we should support based on your market and technology understanding – we are always looking to appropriately grow our
- Support marketing activities and event planning which include workshops and trade shows.