Location: Chengdu, China
Preferred Education: Doctorate
Salary: No less than current salary
Physics: Condensed Matter
A. Assistant professor in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
Institute of Fundamental and Frontier Sciences, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China
Location: Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Salary: No less than RMB 400,000 per year
Hours: Full Time Contract Type: Fixed-Term/Contract
10 openings available.
Internal Number: N/A
Assistant Professor in the Institute of Fundamental and Frontier Sciences, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China
Deadline: 31 March. 2022
Location: Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Salary: No less than RMB 520,000 per year
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed-Term/Contract
The Institute of Fundamental and Frontier Sciences (IFFS) in University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC) located in the city of Chengdu has an ambitious plan for extending their research capabilities. There are several openings for faculty positions at early career (namely Assistant and Associate Professor) stages. Based on the interdisciplinary nature of the IFFS the positions are available in the following fields:
- Quantum Information: Quantum communication, Quantum Software, Quantum Devices, Quantum Metrology.
- Integrated Photonics: Nanophotonics, Energy photonics, Plasmon photonics, optical-matter interaction.
- New Energy: Energy Conversion, Electrochemistry, Nano-catalysis, Environmental Catalysis.
- New materials: Semiconductor Materials, New Energy Materials, Dynamic Soft Materials, Material Surface Engineering.
- Artificial intelligence: Biological Information, Granular Computing, Cloud Computing, Data Mining.
Qualifications and Requirements
The candidates must possess a PhD degree granted by prestigious overseas universities and have demonstrated excellent achievements in scientific research. At least 36 months of consecutive work experience in research after completion of PhD. The successful candidates should work full time in the IFFS and live in China.
The application procedure has two stages:
- First stage (10 Feb. 2022): The applicants should send the personal Curriculum Vitae with the list of publications(give the citations and impact factor) and academic achievements to: [email protected]. Please specify one of the above fields that you are interested to apply for in the subject of your email as well.
- Second stage: The short-listed candidates are asked to submit their research proposal and they will be interviewed by our recruiting committee.
The UESTC offers competitive salary, a good start up grant and provides free accommodation for transition. We also help the candidates to apply for external funding so that the candidates can save their grant to establish their research team. The offering package includes:
- Annual salary: ≥ RMB 420,000 (before tax)
- Accommodation: Free apartment for up to 1 year
- Start-up grant: Research funding about RMB 500,000-1,000,000
- Postdocs: Subsidization for hiring qualified postdocs.
About the Institute of Fundamental and Frontier Sciences
The Institute of Fundamental and Frontier Sciences of the University of Electronic Science and Technology of China was established in 2014 as the “Special Academic Zone” of the university to boost basic research and foster innovation. Researchers with extensive international experience conduct cutting-edge research in its nurturing environment.
To make joint efforts to build first-rate university with first-rate disciplines, IFFS has established an international and interdisciplinary research team and platform by adopting an internationally compatible research organization and management mode.
About University of Electronic Science and Technology of China
University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC) is a national key university directly under the Ministry of Education of China. UESTC was included as one of the first universities into “Project 211” in 1997, and then the nation’s “Project 985” in 2001. In 2017, UESTC was included in Category A of the “World-class University” project. After more than sixty years of development, UESTC now has evolved into a key multidisciplinary university covering all-around programs in electronic disciplines with electronic science and technology as its nucleus, engineering as its major field and a harmonious integration of science, engineering, management, liberal arts and medical science.