Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over Approximately 2,300 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
Thorlabs is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Web Team. The DevOps Engineer is responsible for mission critical support of all department owned applications and their infrastructure. This person will be responsible for ensuring proper monitoring, scale, and resiliency across all environments from test to production. Responsibilities include working closely with the development team to design and implement application build and deployment solutions and participating in break fix code. This person will also partner with cross department teams to on platform provisioning, security, best practices and standardized configuration management. The ideal candidate will have a broad technical background, a solid understanding of applicable analytics, and a natural curiosity for producing effective solutions. This person is patient, has excellent time-management skills, and practices of effective communication style.
The responsibilities for this position include:
- Manage and/or participate in the deployment and release of development, test and production software builds.
- Develop code and escalate break fix issues that may occur.
- Task automation of infrastructure and application provisioning.
- Manage the operations and monitoring of applications and infrastructure from dev to production.
- Assist with documenting technical manuals, playbook and coordinating inter-departmental activities.
- Participate in services and software systems design
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
- Minimum 2+ years of Application development experience with full development lifecycle from inception through implementation.
- BS in computer science or related field, or significant equivalent experience
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Experience in one or more UI programming language – AngularJS, ReactJS, Typescript, VueJs
- Proficiency in C#, .net Core, NodeJS, Azure Functions, Microservices, API Development, Data Structures, MS SQL, CosmosDB, Arm Templates
- Experience with DevOps, Automation of Code Environments, Builds and Releases
- Understanding of developing applications for cloud and clear concepts on cloud design patterns
- Experience with Agile/Scrum based methodologies & best practices
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the organization to accomplish common goals
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5377001