Location: Santa Clara, California
Type: Full Time
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment
Applications of Visual Science (VA)
Applied Spectroscopy (IS)
Clinical Vision Sciences (VS)
Display Technology (IT)
Environmental Sensing (IE)
Fiber Modeling and Fabrication (FF)
Fiber Optics Technology (PF)
Fundamental Laser Sciences (OF)
Holography and Diffractive Optics (FH)
Image Sensing and Pattern Recognition (IR)
Imaging Optical Design (FD)
Integrated Optics (PI)
Laser Systems (PL)
Lasers in Manufacturing (FL)
Microscopy and Optical Coherence Tomography (BM)
Molecular Probes and Nanobio-Optics (BP)
NonImaging Optical Design (FN)
Nonlinear Optics (OL)
Optical Biosensors (BB)
Optical Communications (PC)
Optical Cooling and Trapping (OT)
Optical Fabrication & Testing (FM)
Optical Material Studies (OM)
Optical Metrology (OR)
Optical Trapping and Manipulation in Molecular and Cellular Biology (BT)
Optics for Energy (PS)
Optics in Digital Systems (ID)
Photonic Detection (PD)
Photonic Metamaterials (OP)
Quantum Computing and Communication (OC)
Quantum Optical Science and Technology (OQ)
Short Wavelength Sources and Attosecond/High Field Physics (OH)
Systems and Instrumentation (FS)
Therapeutic Laser Applications (BA)
Thin Films (FT)
Tissue Imaging and Spectroscopy (BS)
Ultrafast Optical Phenomena (OU)
X-Ray and Extreme UV Optics (FX)
Years of Experience:
Salary is commensurate with experience
Telecommuting is allowed.
Founded in 1976, Samtec is a privately held, $800 million global manufacturer of a broad line of electronic interconnect solutions, including IC-to-Board and IC Packaging, High-Speed Board-to-Board, High-Speed Cables, Mid-Board and Panel Optics, Flexible Stacking, and Micro/Rugged components and cables. Samtec Technology Centers are dedicated to developing and advancing technologies, strategies, and products to optimize both the performance and cost of a system from the bare die to an interface 100 meters away, and all interconnect points in between. With 33 locations in 18 different countries, Samtec’s global presence enables its unmatched customer service. For more information, please visit www.samtec.com.
Samtec’s Optical Group is seeking a Jr. Optical Product Applications Engineer. The successful candidate will work with the design, manufacturing, sales and marketing teams to enable products that meet customer’s technical, mechanical and price requirements. The Optical Group develops and manufactures an advanced line of extremely high speed (56 Gbps and up) optical interconnect solutions, including Active Optical Cables, Transceivers, and board-to-board Optical connections.
Summary/Objective: The Junior Optical Product Applications Engineer will be in the forefront, working with customers to find solutions that will enable their next-generation designs. These customers use our products in machine learning, medical, industrial, automotive, mil/aero, high-performance computing and test and measurement equipment. Each day will be different and a new opportunity to learn more and make a difference.
- Engage in discussion with customers and respond to direct technical inquiries
- Provide technical support to customers in a variety of different fields (signal integrity, power integrity, firmware, thermal, schematic and optical performance) to enable the design-in of Samtec optical products.
- Provide customer system design feedback to both marketing and engineering
- Provide on-site customer and trade show support as needed
- Some travel may be required as global conditions permit
- Help create application notes for internal and external use
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of electrical, optical, or related engineering experience (in research or industry settings).
- Strong technical and verbal/written communication skills.
- A detail-oriented and organized approach to all aspects of the role.
- The ability to successfully communicate and collaborate with engineers and non-engineers at all levels of the organization.
- ITAR: Must be able to legally work in the United States. Position requires the candidate to be a US Person as defined in ITAR, 22 CFR 120.15 (US Citizenship or Resident Alien Status) and defined by 8 USC 1101(a) (20).
- Must be able to sit for more than 90 consecutive minutes, and not suffer from any sensory deprivation and/or paralysis of the limbs.