Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over Approximately 2,300 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
Show strong ownership and minimize downtime of mechanical equipment, control and automation systems, electronic, plumbing and pneumatic equipment used in thin film coating production.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Ensure production equipment remains operational while minimizing downtime
- Develop effective preventive maintenance procedures and assist in their execution
- Design mechanical and vacuum components for production and R&D
- Assist in assembling and testing vacuum equipment
- Perform regular inspections to identify and correct equipment malfunctions, repairs and replacements
- Root cause analysis of equipment failures and provide timely corrective actions
- Inventory management of key mechanical and vacuum components
- Read and understand technical manuals and drawings for equipment operation and maintenance
- Maintain repair and PM documentation
- Develop cost reduction initiatives through effective utilization of materials and resources
- Oversee maintenance technicians
- Demonstrated success in developing others, building a successful team, facilitating change, aligning performance to company values
- Provide training and technical support to coating lab technicians, engineers and maintenance team.
- Complies with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5376994