- Certificate or associate degree in optics, photonics, physics, or other technical discipline.
- 3+ years of professional experience working with splicing and fiber optic assemblies.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a mechanic/technician.
You will join a multi-discipline team responsible for development of high bandwidth systems for free space optical communication between satellites. You will work with the engineering team to build and test fiber optical assemblies. You will also support the assembly and test of free space optical assemblies.
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Build complex fiber optic assemblies and devices.
- Build opto-mechanical assemblies.
- Understanding of proper fiber handling techniques
- Support development, prototyping, and failure investigations.
- Splice various fiber optic cables, including terminating/polishing.
- Install and dress fiber optic cables.
- Measure the performance parameters of fiber optic assemblies and laser systems.
- Safely use fiber optic scopes, and ensure cleanliness of fiber.
- Ensure safe laser operation.
- Build fiber optic harnesses
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
A day in the life
You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon in different locations. You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems that haven’t been solved at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you will learn a lot, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
About the team
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
- B.S. degree in optics, photonics, physics, or other technical discipline.
- 5+ years of professional experience working with splicing and fiber optic assemblies.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a optical systems technician.
- Experience in automated testing and system characterization.
- Experience with optical measurement on high precision optical components and systems, such as interferometry, transmission and reflectivity, laser beam characterization and etc.
- Strong Mathematical/Statistical/Physics fundamentals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Apply Here: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Fiber+Opto+Mechanical+Technician&c=Amazon.com+Services&l=Redmond,+WA&jk=279913e90a774e55&rtk=1fmi9okvfs7f9800&from=rss