Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over Approximately 2,300 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
The Lab Solutions Engineer is a key technical resource to support Thorlabs’ customer in setting up new labs and Thorlabs’ optical table product line. A critical part of the Sales Team, the Lab Solutions Engineer will work closely with customers to identify their needs in a new lab setup. The Lab Solutions Engineer will also support quoting Thorlabs Tables product line and coordinate table installation as the need arise. This role has direct interactions with Thorlabs business unit engineering and manufacturing teams, as well as directly with Thorlabs customers and vendors.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Works directly with new and existing Thorlabs customers to establish relationship and clearly communicate Thorlabs technical services and manufacturing capabilities.
- Support customers in setting up new labs with Thorlabs’ products.
- Evaluate, support, and quote custom breadboard/optical table/table isolator/curtain system requests.
- Responsible for growing sales of Thorlabs tables as well as managing the sales process for Tables and related hardware
- Coordinate table installation with riggers and customers at customer site.
- Recruit, train and deploy a network of installation sub-contractors across the United States, able to handle Optical Table and Laser Curtain installations
- Provide mentoring for colleagues/new engineers on custom tables requests or products.
- Collect and analyze data regarding sales and technical campaigns.
- Provide the Imaging Systems BU with installation support for large imaging systems.
- Travel to visit customer labs and coordinate table install.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
- Ability to work on ITAR related product(s)
- 2 years of customer facing role.
- Experience in research labs is preferred.
- Experience in technical sales or applications support is preferred.
- Higher education can be considered in lieu of experience.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, e.g., optics, physics or engineering related field, preferred. Other fields can be considered with relevant experience.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Good understanding of US freight network is essential.
- Experience with movement of large, heavy goods is desirable
- Highly organized
- Intermediate MS Office proficiency: especially Outlook and Excel, Expert proficiency in Excel, ERP/MRP systems or CRM is highly desirable
- Is able to work under time constraints
- Is willing to constantly learn new technologies, new applications, and new developed products
- Ability to fluently write and speak English
- Travel to customer labs, up to 25%
- U.S. persons, Ability to work on ITAR related product(s)
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5376987