US citizenship or permanent residency visa required.
Seeking an experienced, dedicated, and intelligent principal optomechanical engineer to join our growing business of design services and optical system development. You will work with our engineering and manufacturing team to develop custom fixturing and mechanical assemblies for our customers and internal needs. Our small company atmosphere is ideal for those who enjoy the full gamut from product development, and design for manufacturing to prototyping and production-level testing. Your designs will be paramount in the build of products and see them manufactured for use in consumer, industrial, medical, and aerospace applications. We are excited to add talent to our exceptional team.
About Our Company:
For nearly 7 years, we have provided timely and innovative assemblies and contract services in the area of optical technology to commercial, government, and consumer products organizations. We develop optical products in the life sciences, aerospace and defense, industrial, and consumer markets, and we are here to help solve some of the most challenging optical problems. Our headquarters is well located right outside the Boston area in an excellent tech valley in Wilmington, Massachusetts.
A successful candidate has a history of precision mechanical system design and development with a proven track record of optical-level tolerance mechanical design, analysis, and solution-oriented problem-solving.
- Highly motivated individual with a proven track record of innovative work designing optomechanical assemblies and opto-mechatronics
- Optomechanical system architect with current experience in mechanical design and product development
- Expert in the field of Mechanical Engineering: demonstrating a breadth and depth of Fixture Design, Athermalization, Core Mechanical Design Concepts
- Able to innovate: apply new technologies or existing art in new ways to solve challenging mechanical design problems
Experience designing systems incorporating some or all of the following:
o Mechanical concepts for lens alignment and optical systems
o Lens and mirror mounts – large and small
o Flexures and kinematic mounts
o Design for Manufacture
o Design for Athermalization and system-level considerations
o Production Systems and Automated Material Handling
- Experience with FEA; primarily static, modal, and thermal is a plus
- Expert in the use of SolidWorks or similar CAD software
- Enjoys hands-on work. It is routine to participate in the build and test of your designs.
- 4-Year Degree in Mechanical Engineering
We are located in Wilmington, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation to top-talented individuals. Role is a contract position for part-time on a project-by-project basis. US citizenship or permanent residency visa required.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.