At Facebook AR/VR, our goal is to make world-class consumer virtual, augmented, and mixed reality experiences. Come work alongside world leading scientists and engineers to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.We are currently seeking innovative scientists with experience designing and modeling advanced optical systems for near-to-eye display applications. This is a full-time position and requires an advanced degree in optical engineering, physics, or similar, and a strong background in optical system design and innovation. Successful candidates must be comfortable working in a dynamic, cross-functional team and have experience in optical system design and fabrication.
- Explore various photonic components and system concepts for next generation AR/VR display.
- Conduct design, modeling, and optimization of next-generation near-to-eye display applications.
- Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally to support product prototyping and research initiatives.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD in Optical Sciences, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with electromagnetic modeling and analysis of light propagation in nanoscale structures, anisotropic materials, films, or holographic elements.
- Experience with methods of light propagation both in wave and ray domains as well as in mixed models.
- Experience with optical design and modeling methods and tools for the areas such as imaging or illumination systems, diffractive optics, and polarization optics.
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Experience in applied research of waveguide-based near-to-eye display systems using components such as Volume Bragg Grating (VBG) and hologram.
- Experience working with electromagnetic theory, modeling optical structures, running simulations, and building software tools for simulation work.
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by grants, or fellowships, as well as first-authored publications.
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected].