About Our Company
PFG Precision Optics was founded in 1977, and is proudly located on the Mississippi Gulf Coast in Ocean Springs. We manufacture custom lenses, prisms, beamsplitters, polarizers, and optical flats for use in projects and devices. No matter our customers’ optics needs, our engineers and technicians can produce the right products for them. Learn more online at www.pfgoptics.com.
General Responsibilities Outline
- Coordinate, prioritize, and schedule jobs within the Inspection Dept. to best satisfy scheduled shipping dates and ensure that there is maximum throughput and minimum backlog of jobs to be inspected
- Manage calibration system for test and measurement equipment
- Oversee RMA internal and external actions
- Responsible for test glass and material slab certification
- Proactively assist production depts with preventive and corrective actions
- Establish and constantly evaluate inspection procedures for improvement
- Serve as company’s quality and ISO liaison, communicating with government inspectors and customers
- Educate, train, and develop inspectors to maximize their proficiency and knowledge of inspection techniques, as well as the optical fabrication process
- Educate, train, and develop internal auditors to conduct audits to check for nonconformities and suggestions for improvement
- Schedule and facilitate quarterly internal audits and annual external audits to ensure the company’s adherence to ISO standards
PFG offers a competitive benefits package for our full-time employees, including medical and dental insurance, life insurance and AD&D, short-term disability, simple IRA with company match, fitness center reimbursements, paid holidays and paid vacation.
- The hours are 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday with a 30-minute lunch break daily.
We are staying up-to-date and adhering to COVID-19 precautions.
- Bachelor’s Degree (engineering degree, physics degree, or degree in science, mathematics, or related field) with preferred technical background
- Preferred experience with quality assurance or relevant field
- Preferred experience with ISO auditing
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (excel, word, outlook, etc.)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities and multiple deadlines
- Methodical and detail-oriented
- Analytical and effective problem solver
- Effective written and oral communicator
- Strong work ethic