Optica is recruiting for a Cash Receipts Specialist. The Cash Receipts Specialist is responsible for accurate and timely data entry of all incoming cash receipts using the AMS/netFORUM. They will respond to all billing questions and payment inquires.
- Batch cash receipts by type/source, including member renewals, meeting registrations, nonmember renewals, miscellaneous orders, exhibits, etc. Record cash, checks and credit card transactions in netFORUM system. Post, edit, and update daily cash receipt registers, follows appropriate procedures for making corrections. Meet assigned accounting deadlines.
- Review, verify and batch Verisign cash receipts by type/source, including web, online donation, IB, corporate membership, CVENT, live batches, etc. Post the batches after editing and making appropriate corrections.
- Review, verify and batch wire receipts by type/source, including member renewals, meeting registrations, nonmember renewals, miscellaneous orders, exhibits, etc. Set up a batch for each payment. Research the payment with no backup and apply to the correct invoice, individual or organization.
- Verify funds by completing authorization procedures for checks and credit card transactions. Prepare and attach batch control forms and update the cash receipts log sheet. Distribute and file batches after posting.
- Follow established internal controls at all times and identify/recommend enhancements when necessary.
- Make daily bank deposits by following the approved processes.
- Resolve credit card and/or check problems, such as returns, refunds, declines, etc. by research and promptly reprocess upon resolution.
- Responsible for author/page charge questions by searching, correcting and responding in a timely fashion.
- Promptly research and respond to incoming calls and inquiries from Optica staff, members and non-members concerning customer payments/transactions.
- Reconcile the funds received/posted in netFORUM to the amounts listed in EXPOCAD for all meetings and conferences.
- Perform cross-team quality control and other tasks assigned.
- Support Revenue Accounting Manager and Director of Financial Systems on revenue recognition/deferred revenue analysis and netFORUM upgrades as requested.
- Assist finance staff as needed (e.g., assisting AP with invoices and checks).
- Respond to staff and other customer questions and concerns in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintain customer and organizational confidence by keeping financial information confidential.
- Develop professional and technical knowledge by attending educational seminars.
- Participate and contribute to the team effort and is supportive of Optica’s vision and culture.
- Serve as the accounting representative at off-site meetings (OFC, CLEO & FIO when needed).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Four year college degree required.
* Knowledge of basic accounting principal required.
* Experience performing accurate high volume data entry required.
* Experience with cash, accounts receivable and fulfillment processes in an automated environment required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Required proficiency in:
* Spreadsheet software, preferably Excel
* General ledger, cash, and accounts receivable software
* Demonstrated accuracy with data entry of numbers and arithmetic competence.
* Strong customer service orientation and excellent telephone etiquette required.
* netForum experience preferred.
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, Optica, formerly OSA, offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected]