Spectra-Physics, Ophir and Newport are brands within the MKS Instruments Light & Motion division. We provide a full range of solutions including lasers for precision industrial and scientific research applications, laser and LED measurement, beam profiling, precision motion control, optical tables and vibration isolation systems, photonics instruments, opto-mechanical components and optical elements. MKS Light & Motion solutions enhance our customers’ capabilities and productivity in the semiconductor, industrial technologies, life and health sciences, research and defense markets.
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
We are looking for an exceptional Principal Test Engineer to join our team and be part of MKS’ effort to create an automated testing platform for automating test procedures for manufacturing, production, and testing. What you will do is:
- Collaborate with project, manufacturing, and design engineers to create, optimize, and document automated LabVIEW test code to follow system requirements and specifications in order to fulfill task
- Work within a predefined architecture such that test code provides proper functionality to testing platform architecture
- Generate instrument drivers such that driver fits within the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL)
- Establish methods for analyzing data from excel files, data files, and/or databases
- Write code for factory floor and real time visualization of the processes in production while incorporating statistical process control to drive more efficient and productive processes
What will you bring to the team is:
- BS in Engineering field required; advanced degree in Engineering field is a plus
- 5+ years of experience programming using LabVIEW
- Experience programming and writing drivers for instrumentation (IEEE, USB, RS232, etc.)
- Knowledge of GitHUB, BitBucket, or similar and Tortoise SVN
- Ability to create scalable, modular, reusable, extensible, and simple drivers, scripts, and other software tools
- Experience with the DSC toolkit, cDAQ, and CRio is a plus
- Familiar with saving and pulling data from databases, specifically SQL is a plus
- Understanding of Hardware Abstraction Layers (HAL) is a plus; training provided
- NI Vision or OpenCV experience is a plus
- Experience designing, configuring, specifying, and deploying test stations with automated test code (with little to no interaction from Operators or Technicians)
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5376903