Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in science and engineering on behalf of national security. We are seeking an experienced Spectral and Polarimetric Imaging Postdoc who is interested in joining our Space and Remote Sensing Group and participating in cutting-edge research programs in sensing, signal/image processing and detection. Relevant technologies and phenomenologies include spectral sensing, imaging, polarization, radar, acoustic and sonar.
We Are Delivering Scientific Excellence
Los Alamos National Laboratory is more than a place to work. It is a catalyst for discovery, innovation and achievement. It’s one of the reasons we attract world-class talent who contribute greatly to our outstanding culture. Professional development, work/life balance and a diverse and inclusive team foster lasting career satisfaction. Our onsite cafeterias and medical, fitness and breastfeeding facilities, education assistance and generous compensation and benefits reflect our commitment to providing our people with all they need for personal and professional growth.
Apply now: lanl.jobs, search IRC91731
Los Alamos National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce. All employment practices are based on qualification and merit, without regards to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or spousal affiliation, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or citizenship within the limits imposed by federal laws and regulations. The Laboratory is also committed to making our workplace accessible to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals to participate in the application and hiring process. To request such an accommodation, please send an email to [email protected] or call 1-505-665-4444 option 1.
In this position, you will make visible/near-infrared/short-wave infrared (VNIR-SWIR) polarized spectral measurements, surface roughness measurements using an optical profilometer, targets for polarimetric imaging, and possibly help develop a new observation scenario for bi-static radar imaging.
- Ph.D. in physics, engineering, computer science or other sensing-related field completed within the last 5 years
- Coursework and research experience in remote sensing, preferably in spectral or polarimetric sensing
- Fluency in one or more scientific programming languages (Python, Matlab, IDL/ENVI, C)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Laboratory experience making spectral measurements
- Familiarity with spectral or polarimetric sensing and phenomenology
- Experience with surface roughness measurements using a profilometer
- Experience with Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) imaging
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5376916