At Facebook Reality Labs, our goal is to make world-class consumer virtual, augmented, and mixed reality experiences. Come work alongside industry-leading scientists and engineers to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world. We are currently seeking innovative scientists with experience designing, modeling, and prototyping advanced optical systems for near-to-eye display applications. The candidate will have a track record in building Optical systems and fabricating Optical components and will work closely with our team of researchers and engineers on nanofabrication technology. At Facebook Reality Labs, our goal is to make world-class consumer virtual, augmented, and mixed reality experiences.
- Lead the fabrication of new optical components and systems.
- Troubleshooting and process optimization of the currently existing fabrication technologies.
- Generate new processes and technologies to close the gap between design and fabrication.
- Generate and test new optical concepts with applications in augmented reality display and optics technology.
- Collaboratively work with the broader research and development community to advance new technology elements.
- Partner with the productization team to scale the technology as part of the New Technology Introduction (NTI) process.
- Support simulation and prototyping for next-generation optics and displays.
- Engage cross-functionally with other researchers and engineers to develop and trouble-shoot concepts that advance the entire product pipeline (including hardware, software, integration, infrastructure, and applications teams).
- Mentor and develop projects for graduate-level research interns.
- PhD in Engineering, Optical Science, Physics, or a similar field.
- 3+ years of experience in diffractive optics or photonics including component simulation, integration, and testing.
- Laboratory experience designing optical experiments and optical metrology.
- Experience with optical setups such as light sources (lasers and LED’s), diffractive optics, optical materials, thin and thick film optics for either characterization or fabrication purposes.
- Experience with fabrication of advanced optical devices using interferometric, holographic, or nano-fabrication techniques and associated materials.
- Experience working in cleanroom environments and trouble-shooting experimental setups.
- Experience working, collaborating, and communicating in a cross-functional and cross-culture team.
- Experienced in holography and exposure systems.
- Experience with photopolymer material, to fabricate VBG, HOE or PVH.
- Experience designing, simulating, fabricating, and testing physical optical components for AR applications.
- Experienced in R&D and productization of new technology.
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by first-authored publications, grants, fellowships, patents or other professional societies.
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]