Thorlabs, a leading manufacturer of equipment for the photonics industry, is currently seeking applications from highly motivated individuals to use prior hands-on experience with photonics equipment to contribute to our e-commerce presentations by building effective application images and overseeing their addition to our e-commerce site, partnering with animation artists on the creation of videos that showcase how items work, and contributing to our overall New Product Introduction (NPI) efforts. The ideal candidate will hold a bachelor’s or advanced degree in physics, optics, lasers, or a closely related field and have significant hands-on laboratory experience.
Within this role in our NPI Marketing Department, you will join a team of highly motivated individuals who have built an industry-leading online resource for our customers and participate in ensuring that new product presentations continue to provide detailed information to assist with buying decisions. In support of that mission, the successful candidate should be highly familiar with a wide range of photonics equipment and be able to see linkages between Thorlabs’ product lines. In addition to extensive laboratory experience, the candidate should also have excellent organizational skills, the ability to work under time constraints, and a desire to learn about new technologies.
Photonics Application Specialists work closely with graphic artists, animation artists, and technical marketers to create marketing collateral for the website. Hence, this position requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
The Photonics Application Specialist position is located at our headquarters in Newton, NJ, but there may be opportunities to travel to tradeshows or other Thorlabs manufacturing locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Builds effective application images to support new product introduction (NPI) or enhance existing presentations and oversees their addition to our e-commerce site by attending photo shoots as necessary, commenting on placement within a presentation, and editing webpage content as appropriate.
- Identifies situations where a 3D animation would greatly add to customer understanding of the features/benefits of an item and works with animation artists to bring a video to fruition that enables customers to make informed decisions on the best product(s) to serve their needs
- Ensures strong cross linkage for new products across the site
- Guides graphics staff, clearly and effectively communicating desired outcomes to obtain the necessary images, videos, and animations for a successful presentation
- Participates in defining new products and/or product enhancements
- Structures and organizes the job in close cooperation with business units, both domestically and abroad
- May be asked to oversee supersessions/obsolescence of products
- Partners with Business Intelligence Team to ensure Google Ad Campaigns are created as appropriate
- May be asked to contribute to other NPI Marketing Efforts based on need.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5376907