Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
At Facebook Reality Labs (FRL), our goal is to explore, innovate and design novel interfaces and hardware subsystems for the next generation of virtual, augmented, and mixed reality experiences.We are seeking a full-time Computational Imaging Research Scientist with expertise in computing, photonics and optics. We are seeking a Research Scientist with a track record in utilizing state-of-the-art techniques for the understanding and improvement in performance of complex electromagnetic devices and optical systems. This will be based on a history of developing computational optics with computer graphics and vision. This role involves the merging of applied mathematics, optics, human perception, high performance computing and photonics. We are looking for a Research Scientist with a background in computer science, photonics, optics or physics. Candidates must possess a fundamental understanding of quantum and classical optics. Specifically, candidates should have experience in meta materials, liquid crystal technologies for optical consumer applications. Candidates must be comfortable working in a cross-functional team and be skilled in communicating complex technical information through a variety of methods including research presentations.
- Lead computational imaging efforts in the design of novel components and imaging systems.
- Lead the effort in developing optimization techniques and their subsequent adoption by the wider optical and photonics teams.
- Work closely with other research staff to implement and execute experimental designs.
- Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally to support product development and research initiatives.
- 3+ years of experience and PhD degree in Photonics, Optics, Physics or similar fields with a focus on device development.
- Industry experience of computational imaging.
- Experience and knowledge in High Performance Computing.
- Experience in Optical Systems.
- Experience in Computer Graphics and Imaging.
- Experience in Meta-materials.
- Experience in Human Perception.
- Experience in Photonic Integrated Circuits (passive and active).
- Communication and research presentation skills.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]
Apply Here: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Research+Scientist&c=Meta&l=Redmond,+WA&jk=96694f1399cf8445&rtk=1fk2fj4b5oc9d800&from=rss