What is Required:
• Advanced degree in Engineering or related field or overall equivalent experience. 8-10 years of relevant experience or equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge.
•f Technical leadership experience with multi-disciplinary, widely-distributed team members and institutions.
Demonstrated systems engineering experience, preferably including construction of scientific instruments.
• Proven record of accomplishment of successfully performing systems engineering functions on complex, multi-discipline, engineering projects.
• Ability to exercise, sound engineering judgment and decision making with a wide range in scope, analytical ability, and evidence of strong written and verbal technical communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions and lead other scientists and engineers in defining goals and implementing activities to realize the goals.
• Demonstrated ability to provide effective engineering direction and judgment for developmental work and to creatively resolve complex technical problems.
• Ability to interface and work within a large diverse team and help manage technical activities at other institutions.
• Excellent technical communication skills.
• Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple competing priorities and projects.
• Well versed in CAD and other engineering tools.
• Ph.D. in Engineering or Physics and extensive experience with scientific construction projects.
• Combined experiences in engineering design and systems design of scientific projects.
• A systems’ engineering background in fields related to telescope or vacuum cryostat systems.
• This is a full-time career appointment, exempt (monthly paid) from overtime pay.
• This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
• Work will be primarily performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://22.214.171.124/counter.php?id=211794 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Based on University of California Policy – SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program, Berkeley Lab strongly recommends that all members of our community obtain the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as they are eligible. As a condition of Physical Presence at a Berkeley Lab Location, all Covered Individuals must Participate in the COVID-19 Vaccination Program by providing proof of Full Vaccination or submitting a request for Exception or Deferral.
Berkeley Lab is committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA, https://diversity.lbl.gov/ideaberkeleylab/) and strives to continue building community with these shared values and commitments. Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We heartily welcome applications from women, minorities, veterans, and all who would contribute to the Lab’s mission of leading scientific discovery, inclusion, and professionalism. In support of our diverse global community, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity and IDEA Information Links:
Know your rights, click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) for the supplement: “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” and the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html) under 41 CFR 60-1.4.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5376870