What is Required:
• BS degree or equivalent, in mechanical engineering or a related field and a minimum of 8+ years of related experience in mechanical design and alignment.
• MS degree or equivalent, in mechanical engineering or a related field and a minimum of 5+ years of related experience in mechanical design and alignment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical design and complex UHV systems
• Experience in the use of 3D CAD software.
• Knowledge of vacuum chamber fabrication techniques including machining, welding and cleaning methods.
• Knowledge and experience in developing a tolerance analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, conduct and lead technical projects/programs and to formulate, track and report cost and schedule data.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment and interact effectively with a broad range of colleagues.
• Ph.D. degree or equivalent, in mechanical engineering or a related field and a minimum of 3+ years of related experience in mechanical design and alignment.
• 2+ years of experience supervising the work of technical and professional staff.
• Experience in design and operation of accelerator vacuum systems
• Experience and familiarity with CREO Parametric 3D CAD software.
• Experience in vacuum instrumentation including RGA, gauges, UHV pumps, e.t.c
The posting shall remain open until the position is filled.
• This is a Career appointment.
• Full-time, M-F, exempt (monthly paid) from overtime pay.
• Salary is commensurate with experience.
• Classification will depend upon the applicant’s level of skills, knowledge, and abilities.
• Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values at Berkeley Lab. Our excellence can only be fully realized by faculty, students, and staff who share our commitment to these values. Successful candidates for our faculty positions will demonstrate evidence of a commitment to advancing equity and inclusion.
• This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
• Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA 94720.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://184.108.40.206/counter.php?id=212049 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Based on University of California Policy – SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program and U.S Federal Government requirements, Berkeley Lab requires that all members of our community obtain the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as they are eligible. As a condition of employment at Berkeley Lab, all Covered Individuals must Participate in the COVID-19 Vaccination Program by providing proof of Full Vaccination or submitting a request for Exception or Deferral. Visit covid.lbl.gov for more information.
Berkeley Lab is committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA, https://diversity.lbl.gov/ideaberkeleylab/) and strives to continue building community with these shared values and commitments. Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We heartily welcome applications from women, minorities, veterans, and all who would contribute to the Lab’s mission of leading scientific discovery, inclusion, and professionalism. In support of our diverse global community, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity and IDEA Information Links:
Know your rights, click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) for the supplement: “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” and the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html) under 41 CFR 60-1.4.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5376872