We are seeking a motivated, multitalented Optical Engineer with at least a BS (MS preferred) and a minimum of 3 years of experience in optical design, Zemax ray tracing or equivalent, laser optics, optical imaging, scattered and stray light analyses, and lab testing of optical instruments. A rudimentary knowledge of electronics is desired
Candidate should be willing to take on additional duties as needed to contribute to the team effort, including travel to and participation in field projects involving collection of data with research aircraft.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience in the following:
* Have 3-5 years of professional experience in optical engineering.
* Experience with design, development, prototyping, testing, and troubleshooting of new optical instruments, particularly particle imaging.
* Programming and interfacing with high-speed cameras and frame grabbers.
* Mie scattering theory.
* Zemax modeling.
* Assist in new instrument build up, troubleshooting, and qualification.
* Matlab and/or Python programming software.
* Real-time operating systems.
* Microsoft Office Suite
* Managing outside contractors.