The Receptionist & Member Support is charged with effectively operating Optica’s reception area and the main switchboard, acting as the first point of contact for individuals visiting Optica’s headquarters, controlling building access, and directing visitors to the proper person/office by coordinating with the appropriate Optica staff. This position is also responsible for a wide variety of Customer Service and Member activities including but not limited to netForum data file maintenance and transaction processing related to all Optica’s products, support programs and services. The individual who performs this role will undertake creative approaches to problem resolution by promoting and maintaining positive customer relations in a fast-paced environment. This role works collaboratively with Optica staff to provide the best customer service possible both internally and externally.
Receptionist/Customer Service 60%
- Answers main switchboard, screens and routes calls, takes messages and maintains the voicemail box. Ability to answer simple inquiries about the society.
- Responsible for greeting visitors, recording arrivals and departures for staff and tenants. Controls building access during normal business hours (8:30 am to 5:00 pm). Informs staff and tenants of incoming packages and guest arrivals.
- Assures the reception area is neat and orderly.
- Runs net Forum reports for data file maintenance.
- Updates individual customer records in netForum based on returned mail and internal or external requests for updating records.
- Process member requests such as proforma invoices and meeting attendance certificates.
- Works with the Customer & Member Service Manager to identify service issues and recommend resolutions.
- Trains assigned back-up staff for reception relief coverage.
- Review and update Reception desk manual, including updated phone and contact list on a monthly basis.
- Assists Customer & Member Service Manager and other Optica team members with customer service related processes (e.g., process memberships, merge customer records, etc.).
Member Support 40%
- Assist with membership kits weekly to prepare excel files and send to fulfillment center.
- Review membership teams and membership renewal mailboxes, and send to appropriate stakeholders. In some cases respond to member/customer.
- Updates membership profiles in database, and completes member kit prep.
- Assist with drafting/updating email marketing campaigns
- Drafting and sending thank you letters to attendees from career-related events
- Assist with career fair/career programming reports, and program support.
- Maintain the record of attendees from career fairs and career programming events.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree; BA degree preferred
- 3 years professional work experience required, and program support
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products and database applications (netForum preferred).
- Previous training in customer service techniques preferred.
- Association experience preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong customer service orientation, pleasant demeanor and excellent telephone etiquette required.
- Displays excellent attention to detail.
- Positive attitude, with an I Can/I will outlook, required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with competency in grammar and diction, required.
- Multi-tasking abilities essential.
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, Optica, formerly OSA, offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected]