Providing answers. From the extremes of the rain forests in South America to the harsh conditions of the Antarctic, and to cutting edge research laboratories around the globe, scientists rely on products from LI-COR Biosciences to provide answers to their questions.
LI-COR first introduced scientific instruments for plant science research and quickly grew to provide scientists tools for such diverse disciplines as atmospheric research and the study of how proteins interact at the cellular level.
LI-COR Biosciences is a global leader in the design, manufacture, and marketing of high quality, innovative instruments, software, reagents, and integrated systems for plant biology, biotechnology, drug discovery, and environmental research.
Assemble and test complex optical subassemblies and complete systems. Design fixtures and select equipment to aid in assembly and test. Develop and execute optical assembly procedures and system characterization protocols. Document assembly and test protocols, and train others in their application. Serve both manufacturing and product development departments during initial product development and throughout the product life cycle. Participate in ongoing process improvement, process troubleshooting, part quality assessment, and supplier selection and negotiation. Execute and document system level tests on completed instrumentation. Continuously acquire and develop new skills as the job demands.
- Perform Setup, Test, and Calibration of circuit boards and optical/mechanical sub-assemblies.
- Perform incoming inspection and/or test of optical and mechanical components.
- Perform troubleshooting and resolution of basic technical problems.
- Assist with Final Setup/Test of completed instruments.
- Assist with routine optical design and layout tasks under the guidance of an Optical Engineer.
- Assemble, align, and test engineering prototypes with limited instruction under the direction of cross-disciplinary manufacturing and engineering development teams.
- Collect, collate, and present test data during engineering development and routine commercial manufacturing utilizing Statistical Process Control (SPC) practices and techniques.
- Analyze collected SPC data for management of our manufacturing processes including: monitoring process behavior, discovering issues in internal systems, and finding solutions for production issues.
- Assist in establishing in-process performance specifications for robust go/no-go testing that will be utilized in commercial manufacturing.
- Develop, evaluate, improve, and document manufacturing processes for new and existing products to eliminate defects and reduce product cost.
- Create, design, specify, construct and verify assembly and test fixtures for new and existing products. Work jointly with engineering and manufacturing to understand fixture requirements.
- Investigate, analyze, and solve mechanical and optical manufacturing and operational problems.
- Resolve supplier parts quality issues (dimensional, functional, appearance, etc.) with Supply Chain and directly with suppliers. Address part related questions from internal manufacturing and external suppliers.
- Align laser systems using concepts of collimation, focusing and reflection.
- Create, review and update 3D CAD part/assembly models and 2D drawings of optical parts, assemblies, and fixtures.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of an Associate in Optical Technology is preferred. Associate in Electronic Engineering or other closely related field is acceptable. Sufficient professional experience or training may be considered in lieu of a degree. Formal Laser Safety training preferred.
- Manufacturing or industrial experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with the handling, assembly, alignment, and operation of precision optics.
- Ability to characterize and quantitate the performance of optical systems.
- Experience with the safe handling and alignment of laser components and systems.
- Experience in a clean room environment, and familiarity with clean room protocols.
- Experience with basic optical test and metrology equipment.
- Experience with basic electronic test equipment such as digital volt meters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Familiarity with using data acquisition systems is a must, experience with National Instruments LabView is a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose optical performance issues.
- Ability to understand and interpret schematics, component datasheets, tolerance specifications, and test results.
- Familiarity with a 2D/3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) system preferred.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5376844