Location: Fremont, California
Type: Full Time
Preferred Education: 4 Year Degree
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Fiber Optics Technology (PF)
Fundamental Laser Sciences (OF)
Imaging Optical Design (FD)
Integrated Optics (PI)
Laser Systems (PL)
Lasers in Manufacturing (FL)
Microscopy and Optical Coherence Tomography (BM)
Years of Experience:
Molex possesses a rich heritage in the optical industry. We provide the highest performing and field-proven wavelength management solutions from components, modules to integrated line-cards. Continuous innovation in passive component function integration, miniaturization, and manufacturing automation, cutting edge WSS and amplification technology and comprehensive optical, mechanical, electrical and software design capabilities enable us to serve the needs of high-density, high-bandwidth, and flexible optical networks.
In Fremont, we serve global clients in telecom and datacom industries in providing next generation optical modules to support 5G Networks.
We are building a new capability to accelerate our leading edge optical networking capabilities. We are looking for a Hardware Engineer that will design, review, and improve optical amplifier (EDFA and Raman) OTDR, OCM, OSC and other electronic designs for 5G and other advanced optical networking systems and data communications networks.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Design, review, and improve optical amplifier (EDFA and Raman) electronic designs to pass all performance specifications, tests, and requirements, such as gain and transient control, automatic power shutdown (APSD) laser safety. Designs include laser pump, TEC drivers, Trans-Impedance Amplifiers, Amplifiers, Filters, PD detection, heater, ADC, DAC, and other circuits
- Works with product marketing and engineering team consisting of optical, hardware, mechanical, software, and process engineers to enable high performance, cost effective, and robust products, and repeatable and efficient manufacturing
- Ensures successful transition from architecture to new product introduction and to volume production
- Develop, review, and support other advanced optical modules and sub-systems such as OTDR, OSC, OCM, etc.
- Drive and recommend innovative solutions to ensure product meets customer performance, cost, schedule, and other requirements
- Select components, generate schematic design, create PCB layout instructions, and closely work with FPGA, software, mechanical, thermal, optical, process and other teams to optimize the design
- Perform circuit simulation (analog op amp, photo diodes, board layout parasitics, etc.) using PSPICE, HFSS, or similar
- Complete initial board bring-up, debug and validate performance of electronic systems; conduct experiments to characterize components and subsystems
- Generate documentation of the design and results of the experiments and testing
- Help develop DVT, manufacturing, assembly, diagnostic, test, qualification plans and other documents. Provide technical guidance to resolve manufacturing issues
- Resolve customer technical issues. Work with FAE, QA, and other technical-support teams
- Work with global teams for new product designs
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering experience in Telecom, Datacom industry
- Understanding analog circuits
- Exposure through education or application of analog electronics: TIA, PD, filters, ADC, DAC, analog PLLs, etc.
- Proficient with electronic design and simulation tools, such as OrCAD with CIS, Allegro, PSPICE
What Will Put You Ahead
- Masters of Electrical Engineering
- Experience EDFA and Raman optical amplifier
- High speed digital transmission and signal integrity knowledge