Molex possesses a rich heritage in the optical industry. We provide the highest performing and field-proven wavelength management solutions from components, modules to integrated line-cards. Continuous innovation in passive component function integration, miniaturization, and manufacturing automation, cutting edge WSS and amplification technology and comprehensive optical, mechanical, electrical and software design capabilities enable us to serve the needs of high-density, high-bandwidth, and flexible optical networks.
In Fremont, we serve global clients in telecom and datacom industries in providing next generation optical modules to support 5G Networks.
We are building a new capability to accelerate our leading edge optical networking capabilities. We are looking for a FPGA Hardware Engineer who is responsible for the overall FPGA Hardware, architecture, and logic design for developing products for use in telecom applications and next generation agile optical networks. The Senior FPGA Hardware Engineer will work in close collaboration with global multi-disciplinary teams to develop and implement designs. This position will support all phases of FPGA and circuit design from developing requirements through test and validation. The successful candidate will be a resourceful problem solver who is able to work around technical obstacles and work independently with little direct supervision.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop CPLDs and FPGAs with embedded processors for advanced optical modules, optical EDFA amplifiers, and optical systems for data communication and telecommunication networks
- Work collaboratively on a team of FPGA, Hardware, PCB and Embedded software engineers
- Analyze and recommend appropriate solutions including chip selection
- Complete block diagrams, FPGA logic design coding, simulation, synthesis, timing closure, testing, debug, and release using Verilog and associated modeling tools
- Understand and implement coding practices that support in-system debug, testing and block modularity
- Meet all design requirements including performance, cost, field upgrade functionality, etc.
- Review and conduct review meetings for FPGA designs
- Provide technical documentation
- May mentor and lead junior FPGA engineers
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical, Computer, Systems Design Engineering or related discipline
- Proficient designing and debugging FPGA devices, such as: Xilinx, Altera, Lattice or similar
- Proficient with FPGA development and simulations
- Experience in developing specifications, and resource requirements for digital/FPGA designs
- Experience with optical amplifiers and/or real-time control systems
- Experience with HDL Verification techniques
What Will Put You Ahead
- Proficiency with Xilinx Tool Suites. (EDK/ISE, Vivado)
- Experience using scripting languages (TCL, Python) for carrying out verification
- Experience with HW validation, measurements, failure analysis
- Experience with embedded processors, microcontrollers, or DSPs
- Experience with board design and layout of embedded processor systems
- Experience with OrCAD CIS