The Global Software Manager may be located in Bridgewater, NJ with flexibility to work from home. Relocation package will be included.
Molex possesses a rich heritage in the optical industry. We provide the highest performing and field-proven wavelength management solutions (WSS) from components, modules to integrated line-cards. Continuous innovation in passive component function integration, miniaturization, and manufacturing automation, cutting edge WSS and amplify technology and comprehensive optical, mechanical, electrical and software integration capabilities enable us to serve the needs of high-density, high-bandwidth, and flexible optical networks.
In Bridgewater, we serve global clients in telecom and datacom industries providing next generation optical modules to support the largest companies in the world and the transfer of their data. We are developing optical alignment techniques and opto-mechanical assemblies for Wavelength Selective Switches.
We are looking for Global Software Manager to oversee our manufacturing automation team. This team is responsible for the software needed for automated sub-assembly construction and backend calibration of devices. This person will have overall responsibility for managing software projects needed on Molex products (Wavelength Selective Switch devices and sub-systems). As a leader of the organization, this person will be expected to manage work coming in, prioritizing deliverables and coaching team members on a daily basis. This person will also manage the work of international development and test groups established in China.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage overall projects within Station Software Projects and Software Releases for manufacturing automation software
- Lead a team of software engineers responsible for designing, developing and deploying software solutions for manufacturing processes
- Manage incoming project and work on resource planning, priorities and schedules
- Prepare and coordinate responses to quotations for new projects
- Responsible for the quality of the deliveries within his/her group in terms of time, budget and process adherence
- Continuous monitoring of project deliveries and communication to engineering stakeholders
- Support transition of projects to production readiness
- People development: ensures appropriate training, feedback and coaching of employees to improve their level of technical know-how and maximize their performance
- Responsible for strategy definition, alignment, implementation and continuous improvement activities for the group
- Manages post-deployment bug fixing and feature requests
- Ownership of Station SW process improvement to adopt best practice and improve code quality for the team
- Supports process engineers by interpreting station output data on product issues
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science degree , Engineering, or equivalent technical required
- Experience in leading a distributed group of software development engineers
- Experience with C and C++ language programming
- Experience designing and implementing software features in electronic devices