Who is IDEX Health & Science (IH&S)?
As a business unit of IDEX Corporation, IH&S has a long history of driving growth in life sciences and healthcare by embracing innovation and redefining the supplier-customer relationship. The work we do every day allows us to discover key insights and break new ground to create some of the most meaningful technologies that have a lasting impact on companies, industries, and society. One of business segments is called Life Science Optics and we are looking to add more talent to the team.
JOB TITLE: Key Account Manager – Optical Filters
REPORTING TO: Sales Director – Life Science Optics
LOCATION: Remote: Western region (California) USA
SCOPE OF ROLE:
The Key Account Manager (KAM) is responsible for driving and executing on their specific OEM account sales strategy. The KAM will be responsible for achieving/exceeding the revenue goals within their assigned OEM accounts. They will utilize the extended support team to engage an “over-serve” model with the customer. They will also work closely with the Business Line Leader and cross functional team to implement and drive customer strategy for the assigned accounts.
- Manage and grow major accounts in specified region or account responsibility. Primary responsibility is to meet/exceed assigned account Annual Operating Plan (AOP) revenue. Revenue targets are based on assigned market/application focused OEM customers.
- Interface directly with individual IH&S company resources as needed to meet customers’ needs and sales goals. This will include regularly interface with the IH&S development teams / technical staffs to identify new product and market opportunities as well as any other extended team (may include local Distributors) to support customers which may require coordination beyond the local region.
- Use tools such as Salesforce.com to develop forecasts and pipe-line opportunity detail.
- Proactively provide Account Executive Summaries to communicate opportunities and issues within assigned Accounts.
- Assist in developing and implementing specific sales growth strategies and initiatives. Analyze industry and account trends. Prepare and present sales reports on territory/account progress toward goals.
- Lead strategic engagement with customers on products, markets, customers and applications that align with Product Manager/ CTO roadmaps. This includes supporting new product introduction (NPI) and Voice of Customer (VOC) processes by teaming with product management & marketing to develop target opportunities and deploy a campaign around new business opportunity development.
- Build relationships that allow for effective utilization of factory resources (via internal assigned Applications Engineer) to support customer programs/customer satisfaction and to drive new business opportunity (NBO) growth at existing and new customers. This is done through effective qualifying of issues/opportunities locally, and by effective engagement throughout the opportunity development cycle.
- Provide technical and selling expertise at target customers to “over-serve” existing business and to deepen relationships with strategic customers which enable cross-platform sales, and which generates NBO results within these customer relationships.
- Provide product training and promotion seminars as required or directed.
- Comprehend and actively cultivate application knowledge in the various markets of our OEM customers.
- Travel to trade shows, existing customers’ and prospective customers’ business locations and IDEX Health & Science business units.
- It is estimated that a minimum of 60% travel will be required.
- Home based role.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in business, science, engineering, marketing or related discipline required.
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in professional sales roles, ideally in OEM/B2B sales.
- Ideally a Life Science/Biotechnology background and have worked for international organizations.
- Excellent customer relationship skills and proven results with increasing sales, including high level negotiations.
- Commercial Savvy – Proven success in forecasting. Must understand margin analysis and financial statements and possess a feel for commercial operations.
- Communication – Superior written and verbal communication skills – able to communicate at all levels of the organization. Demonstrated ability to prepare and present presentations to senior level executives of worldwide analytical instrument companies.
- Strategic Thinking – Experienced in using creativity and sound reasoning to solve customer problems.
- Ability and experience in successfully delivering results through cross-functional teams (initiating project, communicating the timeline/deliverables, managing schedules, and driving internal commitments).
- Successful experience calling on senior management at customers.
- Excellent understanding of sales/account management processes and market knowledge.
- Experience with Salesforce.com and/or other CRM packages.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Well organized. Candidate must have ability to address tactical issues in the short-term while maintaining strategic vision for the long-term.
- Proactive. Candidate must possess a strong sense of ownership and drive to success utilizing available resources. Must be comfortable working under pressure.
- Honesty & Integrity. Candidate must be honest and possess integrity when dealing with both external customers and internal co-workers.
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural, global business environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with virtual teams and processes.
- Proven strategic problem-solving expertise
IDEX Health & Science LLC., a Unit of IDEX Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5376797