Optica, formerly OSA, is recruiting for a Staff Accountant. This position supports various aspects of finance and accounting functions. Primary duties include processing weekly AP vouchers (travel expense reimbursements, wire requests, quarterly and year-end 1099 transaction review, vendor setup and maintenance) and supports the monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial closing processes.
- Processes weekly accounts payable transactions – invoices, wire requests, travel and expense reimbursements.
- Prepares approved wire payments and uploads to bank portal for review.
- Setups new vendor and maintains vendor records.
- Reviews quarterly and year end 1099 transactions.
- Maintains fixed assets schedules and prepares depreciation expense entry.
- Prepares monthly accruals, reclasses, corporate credit card expenses, credit card fees allocations, retirement and flexible spending account entries, postage meter usage.
- Reviews and reconciles meetings registration transactions, creates deferred entries, and assists with closing out conferences.
- Runs monthly project and ad hoc reports for stakeholders.
- Reconciles select balance sheet accounts and researches transactions to clear out balances.
- Assists Director of Accounting and colleagues as needed with monthly and year end closing and audit preparations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 2-3 years applicable experience in accounts payable and general ledger accounting.
- Experience in performing accurate high-volume accounts payable transactions.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with applying policies and procedures to transactions.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL and Management Reporter.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Microsoft Office suite; intermediate Excel skills required
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Strong customer service orientation and verbal and written communication skills
- Solid problem-solving skills, work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work with others.
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, Optica, formerly OSA, offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Please send a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to [email protected]