The Optical Process Engineer’s role requires mastery of laser and optics process development. A successful candidate has concrete and demonstrable hands-on skills developing laboratory setups, executing DOEs, writing process documentation, and has experience in operating laser-based equipment.
The position includes interaction with Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing and Sales to gather requirements, build solutions, resolve issues, and document processes and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The R&D Optical Process Engineer will be responsible for:
- Developing new processes in R&D
- Develop tooling and processes for product development leading to high volume manufacturing.
- Develop new processes for optical recording.
- Operate complex equipment involving optical systems and software.
- Help transition new products to manufacturing.
- Develop tooling, processes, and documentation
- Maintain and develop data systems to record development activities.
5+ years of industry experience in process engineering related to lasers, optics and optical systems, or consumer electronics is preferred.
- Experience with lasers, optical systems and photoresist processing
- Experience with FMEA and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GDT)
- Experience in writing work instructions
- Versed in 6 sigma concepts
- Skilled in data analysis and process qualification
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders and end users
- Advanced Microsoft Office technical skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, Project, etc.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision. Must be able to work with lasers, optics, optical systems and chemicals such as: acetone, alcohol, adhesives, acids, etc.
Luminit is located in Torrance, CA. We offer competitive compensation packages along with working in a challenging and stimulating environment. Compensation is based on experience.
Luminit is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
US citizenship or permanent residency visa are required due to ITAR restricted work in our facilities.