We are seeking a group manager with a scientific gravitas, who is able to lead and inspire a team. In this role, you will lead and manage a team of PhD’s while providing hands on technical expertise for our Optics and Electromagnetics Group.
As the Manager of the Optics and Electromagnetics Group, you will lead a team of world-class physicists and optical scientists to find solutions to exciting challenges in the field of precision metrology and related fields. You will be responsible for the development of sophisticated technologies, devices, sensors, and products, and will collaborate closely with groups throughout the global Mitutoyo R&D division to bring new products to market. Your peer team will be some of the best technical managers in electrical engineering, optomechanical engineering, and algorithm research.
Must Have Skills:
- Ph.D. (strongly preferred) or MS in applied physics, EE, Optics or closely related field
- 5 years project management experience related to sensor development or precision measurement
- 5 years personnel management experience in a R&D
environment, with a demonstrated record of effective technical
leadership in both functional and project settings
- Successfully manage scope, schedule and resources for complex technical projects
- Develop new tools and capabilities in anticipation of advances in technology and products
- Formulate and articulate solutions for complex problems
- Broad, up-to-date understanding of sensor technologies related to precision measurement, including optics and electromagnetics
- Solid understanding and mastery of the scientific method
- Effectively lead multi-disciplinary teams of scientists and engineers
- Coach, mentor and inspire individuals to achieve their best
- Strong ability to communicate with stakeholders across organizational lines
Mitutoyo Research & Development America, Inc. (MRDA) is the key overseas R&D center for Mitutoyo Corporation, a stable, private, Japan-based provider of metrology tools and systems for over 85 years. MRDA has been pivotal in the development of high-performance technologies, software, and product that contribute significantly to Mitutoyo’s product portfolio and business success, and which positively impact millions of customers around the world.
optics, electromagnetics, physicist, engineer, scientist, physics, engineering, metrology, laser, photonics, opto-mechanics, inspection, sensors
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
In response to COVID-19 most of our team is working remotely from their home offices. Although we’re working remotely, our team is only seeking candidates who are located in the greater Seattle area (or willing to relocate here)
- Will you require sponsorship now or in the future to work in the United States?
- Multiple locations
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Work Location: Multiple Locations