EUV Lithography Research Scientist – 93374
Organization: MS-Materials Sciences
Lawrence Berkeley National Lab’s (LBNL) Materials Sciences Division has an opening for a EUV Lithography Research Scientist, (evening shift) to join the team.
What You Will Do:
• Scientific and technical oversight of all infrastructure: EUVL exposure systems, synchrotron beamlines, semiconductor processing equipment, ellipsometers, scanning electron microscopes, software, servers, web/database systems, equipment protection systems, etc. You are expected to be an expert at operating and troubleshooting these systems and keeping them functional during your shift.
• Provide independent, sound guidance in real-time (scientific, technical, and strategic) to staff and customers during the shift to keep all systems functional and maximize value to customers.
• Pilot our Hitachi S4800 analytical Scanning Electron Microscope with expert level skills to inspect patterned wafers.
• Provide excellent customer service to our world-wide user base before shifts and in real-time during shifts.
• Supervise two engineers that operate the lithography system and wafer processing equipment during your shift
• Ensure that experimental equipment maintains its world leading status
• Maintain, improve, develop high level controls software for improved performance. Control software is written in MATLAB and you are expected to have expert level capabilities in MATLAB and programming in general.
• Develop new hardware, diagnostics, software, capabilities, methods, or procedures to improve experimental systems and increase value to customers
• Installation, commissioning, qualification, and debugging of new systems or subsystems
• Reticle design and collaboration. Interface with manufacturers, communication of process goals, metrology points, etc.
• Preparation of technical instructions and operational documents for new or altered experimental systems
Based on University of California Policy – SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program, Berkeley Lab strongly recommends that all members of our community obtain the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as they are eligible. As a condition of Physical Presence at a Berkeley Lab Location, all Covered Individuals must Participate in the COVID-19 Vaccination Program by providing proof of Full Vaccination or submitting a request for Exception or Deferral.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://184.108.40.206/counter.php?id=209716 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Berkeley Lab is committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) and strives to continue building community with these shared values and commitments.
Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We heartily welcome applications from women, minorities, veterans, and all who would contribute to the Lab’s mission of leading scientific discovery, inclusion, and professionalism. In support of our diverse global community, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Know your rights, click here for the supplement: “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” and the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5376755