Build a career powered by innovations that matter. At Novanta, our innovations power technology products that are transforming healthcare and advanced manufacturing—improving productivity, enhancing people’s lives and redefining what’s possible. We serve as a trusted technology partner to medical and advanced industrial original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) worldwide, engineering components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance for a range of mission-critical applications—from minimally invasive surgery to robotics to 3D metal printing.
Novanta is a global organization with offices located throughout EMEA, The Americas and Asia Pacific. Novanta is a publicly traded company on NASDAQ under symbol NOVT.
This position is part of Novanta’s Synrad business unit. Synrad has come to be recognized as a leader in the development of sealed CO2 lasers and electro-optics technologies. Based on our patented “All Metal” tube technology, there are now well over 250,000 Synrad lasers in use throughout the world. Synrad lasers are used in a wide variety of industrial applications, including marking, coding, engraving, cutting, and converting on a wide range of target materials.
The Sr. Electronics Engineering Manager will be responsible for managing the development of electronics for Synrad’s high power RF-excited CO2 lasers. The Manager will be responsible of building, maintaining, and managing a group of top engineering talent with disciplines including RF, analog, digital, programmable logic (FPGA), and software/firmware (embedded linux, C/C++). The Manager is expected to both contribute to technical projects as well as mentor, manage, and guide his/her team.
This is a unique opportunity to use, develop, and refine true leadership skills in a high tech, global, growing organization in the fields of photonics, precision motion, and medical. The manager is responsible for building and growing a winning, multidisciplinary electronics development team. The manager is expected to asses talent, manage skillset coverage against project needs, allocate resources, and provide leadership both within the NPI team and across the broader Synrad and Novanta organizations. The manager also has the opportunity to engage with engineering management in Synrad’s sister companies within Novanta, sharing best practices, expertise, and common tools.
· BSc (or higher) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering (MSEE preferred)
· Practical 10-15 years’ experience in an engineering environment as an engineer or manager
· Demonstrated ability take design from concept to production
· Ability to work and communicate with a range of people (from Engineers to non-technical staff)
· Demonstrated experience leading a multidisciplinary product development team
Experience with the following considered a plus:
· RF plasma power supplies.
· Thermal management
· Commercial and amateur solid-state HF/VHF amplifier design and troubleshooting.
· HF/VHF Solid-state amplifiers and self-excited oscillators.
· HF/VHF Semiconductors, RF components, and manufactures of such.
· High frequency printed circuit board design techniques and layout.
· FCC/CE testing and certifications.
· Altium schematic capture and PCB layout.
· Embedded Linux
· High power DC power supplies
· Version Control (git, subversion, etc)
Novanta is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by federal law or Novanta policy.
Please call +1 781-266-5700 if you need a disability accommodation for any part of the employment process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
- One location
Work Location: One location
Apply Here: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Electronic+Engineer+Manager&c=Novanta&l=Mukilteo,+WA&jk=d652e693839e34dc&rtk=1fhp4v5srt4bb800&from=rss