Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over Approximately 2,300 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
The sales operations specialist (SOS) supports efforts related to sales onboarding and continued advancement, creating and maintaining sales assets, researching and maintaining sales tools, and the creation and documentation of sales processes. Strong interpersonal skills and knowledge of technical sales, sales processes, and lead generation activities is required. The ideal candidate for this role can take a concept and lead or assist in the development of structured plans, actions, and measurable metrics and then successfully support their implementation and execution. An understanding of sales and communication tools, such as MS Teams and CRM/ERP, is required.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
- 3+ years in similar role with sales, operations, marketing, and/or project management experience
- Experience collaborating and working effectively in a team environment with shared responsibilities
- BS/BA required, preferably in business or marketing; physics or engineering background highly desirable
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized
- High Proficiency in the MS Office Suite of products: especially Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel Required
- Knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP systems, MS Teams or other digital communication tools, Digital Content Creation and CRM Required
- Proficiency with Microsoft power apps desirable
- Is able to work independently as well as part of cross functional teams as well as under time constraints
- Is willing to constantly learn new technologies, new applications and new developed products
- Ability to fluently write and speak English
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5376724