Job Description: Senior Optical Scientist/Engineer
Airy Optics, Inc. is seeking a motivated and creative Senior Optical Scientist/Engineer to lead the Engineering Services Group. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of geometrical optics, aberrations, and electromagnetic theory, and have experience designing and building custom optical components and systems.
The roles of the Senior Optical Scientist/Engineer will include:
- Demonstrated ability to design novel optical components and systems.
- Develop a deep technical understanding of customer technical requirements; then collaborate with customers to develop optical components and systems that are practical and cost-effective.
- Responsibility for team technical work output.
- Knowledgeable with state-of-the-art in optical design.
- Leader of multi-disciplinary teams for optical component and system development projects.
- Plan projects and develop schedules and budgets for engineering services.
- Coordinate resources to ensure completion of projects to schedule and budget.
- Regularly communicate progress with internal teams and external customers.
- Ensure projects are designed, tested, and validated to customer’s statements of work.
Job Requirements, Qualifications
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Optics, Physics, Applied Physics.
- 5+ years of experience in Optical Engineering.
- Experience modeling and optimizing optical systems using software such as Zemax, CodeV.
- Experience with mathematical software including Mathematica.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem-solving skills and organizational skills.
- Understanding of linear algebra, Fourier analysis, and numerical analysis.
- Strongly motivated and inquisitive.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Office tools – Excel/Office.
- This position may require the use of information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a
- S. Person as a U.S. Citizen or National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, Refugee, or Temporary Resident granted amnesty.
Airy Optics, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
- If you have what it takes to push boundaries and seize opportunities, apply to join our team today.
- Please send your confidential resume to [email protected]