About the Company
Reynard Corporation is a dynamic Engineering and Manufacturing company that continues to push the boundaries of thin film optical coatings. We support a wide variety of markets, including military (DoD), aerospace, semiconductor, telecommunications, medical, and more. We value teamwork and creative thinking while offering a challenging and rewarding environment.
The Thin Film Design Engineer is responsible for the theoretical design and process implementation of optical filter design. To create a robust process, the Engineer will generate the work instructions for the manufacturing departments and staff which required to realize and test the product. Assistance in the manufacturing process is required when needed, including coating chamber operation, metrology, and inspection. The Engineer may need to interface with customers as a technical representative. In this role it is important that the Engineer has a continuous improvement mindset and promotes/understands ISO 9001 activities/requirements.
The responsibilities of the Thin Film Design and Project Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Utilize thin film design software to create solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Process orders from preliminary design thru final on-time delivery
- Interface with customers directly or indirectly through Account Managers to negotiate requirements, as needed.
- Develop manufacturing plans and documentation ensuring the product achieves negotiated goals and on-time.
- Generate designs for mechanical fixturing, tooling, and/or masks.
- Supports Sales and other departments in quotations, technical needs, and inspection determinations.
- Assist department managers in the training of technicians.
- 3+ years’ experience in the use of thin film design software
- Strong familiarity with various optical and mechanical inspection instruments, such as, but not limited to, interferometers, spectrometers, surface profilers, and Coordinate Measuring Microscopes.
- Acts as a member of a team to produce a positive collaborative and synergistic environment.
- Proficient with various Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Fluent in compositional and conversational English.
- Ability to work unsupervised after given direction.
- Ability to organize/track multiple activities and effectively prioritize tasks.
- BS degree in engineering or physical sciences, or min 5 years’ experience in an equivalent field.
- US Citizen or permanent resident (as defined per 22 U.S. Code 6010).