Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The Specialty Materials segment manufactures products that provide more than 150 material formulations for glass, glass ceramics and fluoride crystals to meet demand for unique customer needs. Consequently, this segment operates in a wide variety of commercial and industrial markets that include display optics and components, semiconductor optics components, aerospace and defense, astronomy, ophthalmic products, telecommunications components and cover glass that is optimized for portable display devices.
Job Title: Conventional Polish
Department: Optical Fabrication
For A Visual Please Use This Link: Conventional Polisher
Hours: B Shift (2:00 PM – 10:30 PM)
Day to Day Responsibilities:
We seek a highly motivated, skilled & innovative individual with a passion for optics and a desire to learn. Individuals applying for this position must be team oriented and able to work collaboratively with others. They must have a drive for continuous improvement, and they must be flexible and willing to learn new things.
- Perform manufacturing tasks and activities, as trained, and in compliance with work instructions
- Conventional polishing using pitch laps, working to 1/10 wave tolerances
- Use of test plates, interferometers and optical inspection tools to ensure quality of workmanship
- Ability to read drawings
- Monitor processes; includes recording and charting data
- Perform calculations, quality tests, measurements, and inspections
- Clean and prepare material and parts
- Interface with plant systems (e.g. document control system, manufacturing execution system, optical testing software, etc.)
- Complete production logistics by moving / transacting materials and information through the computer-based production system
- Responsible for housekeeping and autonomous maintenance of work area and equipment
- Temperature controlled environments. May require working in a clean room
- Safety glasses and safety shoes required
- Able to lift up to 15 pounds
- Willingness to work overtime
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5376693