About the Company
Reynard Corporation, a manufacturer of thin film coated optical products for a variety of markets including Aerospace, Medical, Defense, Imaging, Automotive, and general R&D, has an immediate opening for an Optical Coating / Vacuum System Maintenance Technician.
The candidate should possess a good understanding of mechanical and electrical systems. Preferred background is in an industrial manufacturing environment with emphasis on maintenance and repair of high vacuum systems.
1st shift position available.
- Basic electronics, soldering, and circuit board repair experience.
- Experience using hand tools and power tools.
- Read and interpret drawings, schematics, blueprints, and specifications.
- Perform basic math skills.
- Critical thinking and resolves issues.
Desired Experience/Other Qualifications
- Knowledge of vacuum systems.
- Ability to work under timelines and pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- General computer skills (Excel, Word, Applications).
- Work effectively without direct supervision.
- Perform routine preventative and corrective maintenance for optical coating lab equipment and associated hardware; such equipment to include high vacuum, cryogenic, cooling water, compressed gas, electrical, mechanical, and other systems.
- Monitor and maintain lab equipment performance to ensure availability during all shift operations.
- Work with engineering to assist in development and installation of new equipment and hardware.
- Contact vendors and suppliers to obtain quotes and generate purchase requisitions for new, replacement, and spare parts.
- Diagnose faults and malfunctions; replace or repair parts, perform testing, and make necessary adjustments.
- Safely handle chemicals and materials.
- Participate in suggestions for continuous improvement ideas.
- Work within an ISO9001 Quality Management System.
- Maintain a clean work area and work in safe manner according to established procedures and practices.
- Provide guidance or training to other technicians.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Exposure to chemicals, solvents, and oils
- Ability to work safely in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Use of safety glasses and latex gloves required
- Ability to lift and/or carry at least 40lbs
Education, Credentials, and Qualifications
- US Person as defined by 22 CFR 120.15 (Citizen, Permanent Resident).
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Technical certification or 2+ years’ experience in mechanical maintenance, electronics, vacuum, or related fields.
- Competency using power tools, electrical equipment, and test equipment (helium leak detectors, vacuum pumps, gauges, and multi-meters).
- Working experience in repair and maintenance of high vacuum systems.
- Good communication skills with fluency in English.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- 1 year preferred experience in facilities maintenance
- Willing to work weekends, as necessary and extended hours occasionally.