Marvel Fusion, founded in July 2019 and based in Munich, is the German technology pioneer in the field of safe, clean and reliable power generation. The company is developing a completely new type of fusion energy technology with the aim of building and operating commercially attractive fusion power plants. Marvel Fusion’s current team of about 25 people, including world-leading scientists and experienced entrepreneurs, has developed a unique technology that dramatically increases the probability of fusion and builds on recent advances in laser and nanoscience.
Marvel Fusion’s mission requires a high level of team effort as well as close and constructive collaboration between experts from diverse knowledge disciplines. To strengthen our team, we are looking for you to join us as soon as possible on a full-time basis as a
Experiment Scientist (m/f/d)
As Experiment Scientist, you are responsible for planning and execution of experimental campaigns and diagnostic development at a petawatt, short-pulse laser facility.
The Experiment and Laser Groups at Marvel Fusion are implementing a new research laboratory at a ultra-high-intensity, short-pulse laser facility in the Greater Munich area with the goal to demonstrate key features of our unique laser-driven fusion concept. Be part of the team that sets up the new target area from scratch, continues to perform the first measurements using our nanotargets in intense laser fields, creates novel diagnostic instruments with high fidelity, and demonstrates a path to fusion energy generation.
You will bring your expertise to the creation of the design, the prototype phase and the activities during the build and verification of the various phases. You will be actively involved in all stages of the process and contribute to the implementation of the project.
Activities will be performed in the Greater Munich area, with occasional travel to research facilities world-wide.
About your role
- You will independently conduct key experiment campaigns regarding ultra-short laser pulse interaction with advanced targets which may include
- Planning, development and execution of experimental campaigns · Writing proposals and delivering of presentations
- Data analysis and data reduction, and their comparison to numerical simulation results
- Development, manufacturing, calibration and integration of new diagnostics for ultrashort laser-plasma interaction based on secondary sources of photons and particles
- You are part of a team and work collaboratively with scientists, engineers, and management to create a work plan, set project goals, and manage them to completion
- You exchange scientific results with peers and compare and evaluate the results with alternative methods
- You write reports and present findings to management and key stakeholders
- You are a key element of defining and pursuing the forefront scientific mission of the company, following a strict code of ethics, and protecting any confidential information at all time
- Proven hands-on experience and expertise in experimental studies of ultra-high intensity laser plasma interaction, high energy density laboratory physics or laser-driven particle acceleration is required
- You have completed a Ph.D. in Physics or a related field, or equivalent breadth and depth of experience
- You have good knowledge and high proficiency in data analysis using both 2D (image-based) and 1D (e.g., oscilloscope traces) raw data
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English to effectively interact with all members of Marvel Fusion and its collaborators
- You are recognized as a resource or high impact contributor as evidenced by conference presentations or publications in refereed journals
- You are flexible and creative in pursuing new topics and carrying out forefront research in high field laser-matter interaction, high energy density laboratory physics and particle acceleration
- You love digging into and solving complex problems that require attention to detail and are a critical thinker
- You are a team player, like traveling, and enjoy working in multi-disciplinary teams
Working in our fast-growing team offers you a wide range of opportunities to develop professionally and personally, show initiative, take responsibility and help make influential decisions.
Become part of a pioneering company with the opportunity to make a decisive contribution to the global energy transition.
We look forward to receiving your application with CV and relevant references.
Marvel Fusion GmbH
Manager Human Resources
Blumenstrasse 28, 80331 München
Please use the following link for your application: