Specac produces specialist optics components for use in its own products and supply to other business users. With continued growth of the business, we are looking for an Optical Team Leader to assist the Production Manager to achieve the organization’s objectives. This is a hands-on role where the Team Leader will spend the majority of their time carrying out manufacturing activities.
The role will be looking after our optics manufacturing areas and our holographic polarizer manufacturing section.
The Optics Team Leader will:-
- Care for the health and safety of the section team members.
- Support the Production Manager to achieve all production objectives.
- Lead and motivate the team.
- Help solve problems within the section.
- Zero team injuries
- Zero production environmental incidents.
- Achieve agreed targets including volumes, efficiency, lead-times and quality for all cell team members.
- Organize workflow to meet agreed delivery dates.
- The Health and Safety performance of the team.
- Self-development and team competencies as per competency skill matrix in accordance with business needs. This includes cross skilling within and across cells.
- Responsible for the performance of all members of the cell.
- Conduct daily team meetings to agree the day’s activities.
- Monitor performance of team members.
- Assist the Production Manager with the team member appraisals.
- Oversees inventory within the section to ensure stock is sufficient for production requirements.
- Provide good communication within the team and provide encouragement to team members.
- Communicate deadlines and sales goals to the team members.
- Encourage continuous improvement within the section.
- Provide regular updates to the Production Manager.
- Ensure that quality standards are maintained.
- To carry out any other duty that may be required from time to time.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5376678