At Specac, we are justifiably proud of our pedigree in providing accurate and reliable IR and FTIR sample handling accessories to academic, industrial and research institutions worldwide. Spectroscopists around the globe have depended continually upon Specac for innovative products that keep pace with the changing needs of their markets.
Specac is rapidly growing company based in Orpington that designs and manufactures scientific accessories. We have an exciting opportunity in our specialist optical department manufacturing polarizers and lenses. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who ideally have experience with optics.
- Capability to work independently
- Ideally experience in working with optical lenses.
- Capable of solving problems.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience with vacuum coating.
- Good manual dexterity
- Good concentration.
- Ideally, have some experience in working with lasers.
- Comply with environmental policies and procedures.
Carrying out duties within the Optics/Polarizer Department as directed by the Production Supervisor. These may include: –
- The coating of substrates.
- Set-up and align lasers for producing holographic polarizers.
- Operate vacuum coating plants.
- Carry out testing of components.
- Packing optical components.
- Assemble polarizing lenses in to frames.
- Carry out root cause analysis when components are out of specification.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5376677